Digital TV News: CI Plus LLP
DVB unveils features of forthcoming DVB-CI Plus specification
Sep 13, 2013 – At IBC, DVB will unveil its work incorporating the latest version of CI Plus Extensions (V1.4) into the forthcoming DVB-CI Plus specification. The upcoming standard will enable IPTV to be delivered directly to the TV, without the need for a set-top box.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter Siebert, CAM, Digital TV, IBC, Smart TV
SmarDTV SmarCAM successfully completes CI Plus v1.3 certification
Aug 9, 2012 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its SmarCAM-3.5 Conditional Access Module has passed CI Plus v1.3 certification. In addition, Digital TV Labs has made a custom development based on the SmarCAM for the official CI Plus Test Tool.
News categories: SmarDTV, Digital TV Labs, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, Set Top Box, Smart TV
DVB Approves Commercial Requirements For CI Plus V1.4
Nov 28, 2011 – DVB has approved the Commercial Requirements for CI Plus v1.4. The requirements add two main features: support for dual-stream operation with a single module, intended for a dual-tuner PVR host, and support for DRM protected IP-delivered content.
News categories: DVB Project, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
CI Plus Specification Benefits From HD MHEG Upgrade In Version 1.3
Jan 26, 2011 – The International MHEG Promotion Alliance has welcomed the launch of version 1.3 of the CI Plus standard. v1.3 conformance will become mandatory for new receivers integrating CI Plus no later than the 1st of August 2012.
News categories: CI Plus, IMPALA, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
IMPALA Welcomes New Advanced CI Plus Conformance Test Including MHEG Browser
Sep 7, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has welcomed the news of a new, advanced CI Plus (CI+) test tool for ensuring compatible receivers conform to the latest specification.
News categories: IMPALA, CAM, MHEG-5
Viaccess announces CI Plus support with Neotion at IBC 2009
Sep 11, 2009 – Viaccess (Paris and NYSE: FTE) and Neotion have announced their support for Common Interface+ (CI Plus) on Conditional Access Modules (CAMs). A demonstration of Viaccess CI Plus commitment with Neotion will be displayed during the IBC 09 Forum.
News categories: Neotion, Viaccess, Conditional Access, IBC
Ocean Blue's CI+ 'Turbo' software passes the test
Aug 27, 2009 – Ocean Blue Software's CI+ has been enhanced with extra features. The latest version of the CI+ specification details optional features which Ocean Blue Software has already incorporated into their Sunrise CI+ product.
News categories: Ocean Blue, CI Plus, Content Protection, DVB-MHP, DVR, IBC, Smart TV
TC TrustCenter and CI Plus announce significant early adoption of Standard
May 25, 2009 – CI Plus, the CE industry backed technology for allowing secure delivery of premium pay TV services to Integrated Digital TV's, Set Top Boxes and Personal Video Recorders, has announced the initial details of the take up of the technology.
News categories: CI Plus, TC TrustCenter, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
SMiT successfully gains CI+ certification
Mar 25, 2009 – SMiT has announced that its CI+ Secure (SECURE PLUS) CAM has passed the CI+ certification from Digital TV Labs in UK, the official Test Center of CI Plus LLP.
News categories: SMiT, Conditional Access, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Proximus selects Velocix CDN to scale Pickx
- JW Player first with support for Open Measurement video ads
- Magnite finds 91% of TV viewers in LatAm watch streaming TV weekly
- Broadpeak CDN selection tool available in AWS Marketplace
- Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
- XroadMedia powers search and recommendations at Delta Fiber Nederland
- Rakuten TV to roll out 20 channels on Samsung TV Plus
- 75% of TVs sold in Germany in Q1 were UHD capable
- SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
- ZEASN announces content monetization partners for WhaleLive
- Innovid enables programmatic interactive CTV ad buying at scale
- Bitcentral enables Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cowles Broadcasting on NewsON
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026