Digital TV News: China Mobile
CCTV broadcasts live 8K Ultra HD channel over 5G with Telestream
Feb 11, 2021 – China Central TV (CCTV) has tested live 8K UHD TV over a 5G network. The test broadcast used Telestream’s full IP solution with Telestream monitoring used throughout the production and distribution workflows.
News categories: Telestream, China Central TV, 5G, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV
China Mobile deploys advanced playback features from VisualOn
Sep 3, 2020 – VisualOn and VLA VR have partnered with China Mobile subsidiary MIGU Video to transform the mobile video experience. Innovative playback features will help China Mobile continue to grow its 5G subscriber base.
News categories: VisualOn, VLA VR, MIGU Video, China Mobile, Michael Jones, China, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, VR
ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
Aug 9, 2019 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) and China Mobile have broadcast the 2nd National Youth Games of China using ZTE's 5G Live TV technology. 5G Live TV was used for video collection, editing, broadcasting and live streaming of the Games.
News categories: ZTE, China Mobile, 5G, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV
5G smartphone shipments to overtake 4G in 2023
Jul 1, 2019 – According to Canalys, 5G-enabled handsets will reach nearly 800 million units in 2023, accounting for 51.4% of all smartphone shipments, passing 4G smartphones five years after commercial launch. The CAGR between 2019 and 2023 will be 179.9%.
News categories: Canalys, Nicole Peng, Mo Jia, 5G, Market Research, MWC20, Smartphone, Worldwide
Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
Apr 17, 2019 – According to Strategy Analytics, global smartphone shipments will reach a modest 5 million units in 2019. Early 5G smartphone models will be expensive and available in limited volumes. Samsung, LG and Huawei will be the early 5G smartphone leaders this year, followed by Apple next year.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Ken Hyers, Ville Petteri-Ukonaho, Neil Mawston, 5G, Market Research, Smartphone, Worldwide
Shanghai sees world's first 4K UHD live broadcast via 5G network slicing
Dec 10, 2018 – On December 8, the 12th Migu Music Awards were held in Shanghai. With the collaboration of Migu, China Mobile, and Huawei, the ceremony was used for the first application of 5G network slicing in global large-scale live broadcasting.
News categories: Huawei, Qiu Xuefeng, 5G, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
MediaTek previews Helio M70 5G baseband chipset
Dec 6, 2018 – At the China Mobile Global Partner Conference, MediaTek's first 5G baseband chipset Helio M70 was unveiled to the domestic market. The Helio M70 is among the industry's first wave of 5G multi-mode integrated baseband chipsets.
News categories: MediaTek, TL Lee, 5G, China, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Worldwide
Smart Home and Home Network management to drive residential vCPE deployments
Nov 6, 2018 – According to ABI Research, providing advanced CPE, managing home networks efficiently, and fast service deployments are becoming essential for pay-TV and broadband operators to stand out in an increasingly competitive market.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, CPE, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Pay TV/OTT and Telecom operator revenue reached $410 billion in Q4 2017
Apr 24, 2018 – According to Dataxis, for the 80 leading Pay-TV/OTT and telecom players worldwide, revenues totaled $410 billion in Q4 2017. Revenues have grown at a CAGR of 1%, up from $381 billion in Q1 2016.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results