Digital TV News: China Mobile
China pay TV market to remain stagnant between 2021 and 2026
Mar 2, 2022 – According to GlobalData, Pay TV services revenue in China is expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.6% from $35.1bn in 2021 to $36.2bn in 2026, due to a steady decline in cable TV subscriptions and a drop in average revenue per subscription.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research
OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
Jul 28, 2021 – The pay TV market in China is set to decline at a CAGR of 0.5% from $32.9bn in 2020 to $32.1bn in 2025, due to the growing preference for OTT video streaming services and falling pay TV ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Akash Jatwala, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research
India, Korea & China to drive pay TV revenue growth in Asia Pacific
Apr 6, 2021 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) forecasts that Asia Pacific pay-TV revenues will grow at a CAGR of 3% from 2020 to 2025 to top $60 billion, driven largely by India, China and Korea. Most other markets will continue to contract.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research
CCTV broadcasts live 8K Ultra HD channel over 5G with Telestream
Feb 11, 2021 – China Central TV (CCTV) has tested live 8K UHD TV over a 5G network. The test broadcast used Telestream’s full IP solution with Telestream monitoring used throughout the production and distribution workflows.
News categories: Telestream, China Central TV, 5G, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV
China Mobile deploys advanced playback features from VisualOn
Sep 3, 2020 – VisualOn and VLA VR have partnered with China Mobile subsidiary MIGU Video to transform the mobile video experience. Innovative playback features will help China Mobile continue to grow its 5G subscriber base.
News categories: VisualOn, VLA VR, MIGU Video, China Mobile, Michael Jones, China, Digital TV, Media Player, Metaverse, Mobile
ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
Aug 9, 2019 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) and China Mobile have broadcast the 2nd National Youth Games of China using ZTE's 5G Live TV technology. 5G Live TV was used for video collection, editing, broadcasting and live streaming of the Games.
News categories: ZTE, China Mobile, 5G, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV
5G smartphone shipments to overtake 4G in 2023
Jul 1, 2019 – According to Canalys, 5G-enabled handsets will reach nearly 800 million units in 2023, accounting for 51.4% of all smartphone shipments, passing 4G smartphones five years after commercial launch. The CAGR between 2019 and 2023 will be 179.9%.
News categories: Canalys, Nicole Peng, Mo Jia, 5G, Market Research, MWC22, Smartphone, Worldwide
Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
Apr 17, 2019 – According to Strategy Analytics, global smartphone shipments will reach a modest 5 million units in 2019. Early 5G smartphone models will be expensive and available in limited volumes. Samsung, LG and Huawei will be the early 5G smartphone leaders this year, followed by Apple next year.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Ken Hyers, Ville Petteri-Ukonaho, Neil Mawston, 5G, Market Research, Smartphone, Worldwide
Shanghai sees world's first 4K UHD live broadcast via 5G network slicing
Dec 10, 2018 – On December 8, the 12th Migu Music Awards were held in Shanghai. With the collaboration of Migu, China Mobile, and Huawei, the ceremony was used for the first application of 5G network slicing in global large-scale live broadcasting.
News categories: Huawei, Qiu Xuefeng, 5G, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th