Digital TV News: China Network Systems
OTT driving Taiwan multichannel video
Jun 19, 2017 – A study by regional pay-TV industry group CASBAA shows that overall access to multi-channel video services of all kinds in Taiwan is being bolstered by a mobile video market now accounting for 92% of all individuals.
News categories: CASBAA, John Medeiros, Christopher Slaughter, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming, Taiwan
Taiwan's CNS selects ARRIS set-tops with DOCSIS
Mar 23, 2017 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that China Network Systems (CNS) has selected ARRIS HMC4100 set-tops, with the ARRIS KreaTV application platform, to further enhance its digital video services.
News categories: ARRIS International, China Network Systems, Eduardo Fichmann, Henry Chang, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Taiwan's CNS goes with ARRIS for set-tops and middleware
Mar 20, 2014 – China Network System (CNS) has announced its adoption of high-definition set-tops (HMC3000) and a middleware platform (KreaTV) from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to streamline its transition to digital video.
News categories: ARRIS Group, China Network System, Terry Lee, Tim Gropp, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Nagravision Selected By Taiwan's HYA For Digital Cable TV
Oct 18, 2010 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it was selected to secure the roll-out of advanced digital services for Hsin Yeong An Cable TV (HYA), the largest independent cable television operator in Taiwan with more than 200,000 subscriber households.
News categories: Nagravision, Hsin Yeong An, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Taiwan
CNS Taiwan Selects Harmonic for Major H.264 Digital Cable Headend Upgrade
Jun 15, 2009 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that China Network Systems (CNS) has selected Harmonic's digital video solutions for an MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) network upgrade that enables CNS to expand its HD and SD digital service.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, BroadcastAsia, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Taiwan
China Network Systems (CNS) introduces newest Nagravision conditional access
Mar 3, 2009 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) has been selected by China Network Systems (CNS) to protect the content rights and revenues of its new premium and high definition services and will start deploying Nagravision's new generation smartcard in mid-2009.
News categories: Nagravision, China Network Systems, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Taiwan
Kudelski 2008 Results and New Client Wins
Feb 27, 2009 – The Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD.VX) has announced its 2008 annual results. Digital TV progressed well in the second half, generating a 46.1% net revenue growth compared to the first half. For the full year Digital TV achieved a 15.3% growth rate.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Mexico, Middleware, Mobile, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Taiwan, Terrestrial
Digital Innovative Service Industry Alliance created in Taiwan
Nov 6, 2008 – Five cable operators and two set-top box (STB) manufacturers have set up the Digital Innovative Service Industry Alliance (DISIA) to create an operating environment for broadband digital multimedia entertainment services in Taiwan.
News categories: Zinwell, PESI, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Taiwan - Cable TV operator CNS plans to invest NT$10 billion to promote Triple Play services
Oct 16, 2007 – China Network Systems (CNS) plans to invest NT$10 billion (US$307 million) to procure digital TV set-top boxes (STBs) and upgrade its cable TV network for two-way transmission in an attempt to promote Triple Play services.
News categories: China Network Systems (CNS), Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data