Digital TV News: China Network Systems
OTT driving Taiwan multichannel video
Jun 19, 2017 – A study by regional pay-TV industry group CASBAA shows that overall access to multi-channel video services of all kinds in Taiwan is being bolstered by a mobile video market now accounting for 92% of all individuals.
News categories: CASBAA, John Medeiros, Christopher Slaughter, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming, Taiwan
Taiwan's CNS selects ARRIS set-tops with DOCSIS
Mar 23, 2017 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that China Network Systems (CNS) has selected ARRIS HMC4100 set-tops, with the ARRIS KreaTV application platform, to further enhance its digital video services.
News categories: ARRIS International, China Network Systems, Eduardo Fichmann, Henry Chang, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Taiwan's CNS goes with ARRIS for set-tops and middleware
Mar 20, 2014 – China Network System (CNS) has announced its adoption of high-definition set-tops (HMC3000) and a middleware platform (KreaTV) from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to streamline its transition to digital video.
News categories: ARRIS Group, China Network System, Terry Lee, Tim Gropp, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Nagravision Selected By Taiwan's HYA For Digital Cable TV
Oct 18, 2010 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it was selected to secure the roll-out of advanced digital services for Hsin Yeong An Cable TV (HYA), the largest independent cable television operator in Taiwan with more than 200,000 subscriber households.
News categories: Nagravision, Hsin Yeong An, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Taiwan
CNS Taiwan Selects Harmonic for Major H.264 Digital Cable Headend Upgrade
Jun 15, 2009 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that China Network Systems (CNS) has selected Harmonic's digital video solutions for an MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) network upgrade that enables CNS to expand its HD and SD digital service.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, BroadcastAsia, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Taiwan
China Network Systems (CNS) introduces newest Nagravision conditional access
Mar 3, 2009 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) has been selected by China Network Systems (CNS) to protect the content rights and revenues of its new premium and high definition services and will start deploying Nagravision's new generation smartcard in mid-2009.
News categories: Nagravision, China Network Systems, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Taiwan
Kudelski 2008 Results and New Client Wins
Feb 27, 2009 – The Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD.VX) has announced its 2008 annual results. Digital TV progressed well in the second half, generating a 46.1% net revenue growth compared to the first half. For the full year Digital TV achieved a 15.3% growth rate.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Mexico, Middleware, Mobile, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Taiwan, Terrestrial
Digital Innovative Service Industry Alliance created in Taiwan
Nov 6, 2008 – Five cable operators and two set-top box (STB) manufacturers have set up the Digital Innovative Service Industry Alliance (DISIA) to create an operating environment for broadband digital multimedia entertainment services in Taiwan.
News categories: Zinwell, PESI, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Taiwan - Cable TV operator CNS plans to invest NT$10 billion to promote Triple Play services
Oct 16, 2007 – China Network Systems (CNS) plans to invest NT$10 billion (US$307 million) to procure digital TV set-top boxes (STBs) and upgrade its cable TV network for two-way transmission in an attempt to promote Triple Play services.
News categories: China Network Systems (CNS), Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools