Digital TV News: DVB Project
DVB launches new DVB-I initiative
Mar 5, 2018 – DVB has agreed terms of reference for a new DVB CM-I group for DVB-I (Internet). DVB CM-I will look into the commercial requirements for standalone linear TV services over broadband Internet.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Thomas Stockhammer, Peter Lanigan, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB creates group to define Targeted Advertising commercial requirements
Jan 23, 2018 – Following the publication of the Study Mission Report on Targeted Advertising in September, the DVB Steering Board has approved the creation of a dedicated group to implement the report’s recommendations.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Angelo Pettazzi, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
SMIT launches first DVB CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM for Europe
Nov 7, 2017 – SMIT has launched the world's first USB CAM prototype that conforms with DVB's CI Plus 2.0 standards together with Irdeto, MStar, TP Vision and Rabbit Labs.
News categories: SMIT Holdings, Irdeto, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV
DVB completes current UHD plan with three specification updates
Oct 26, 2017 – The DVB Technical Module has approved revisions and updates for three specifications. With these chnages – to DVB-DASH, audiovisual coding and bitmapped subtitles – DVB marks the completion of the current generation of UHD specifications.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
DVB approves new subtitling specification
Aug 7, 2017 – The DVB Steering Board has approved a specification for DVB TTML subtitling systems. The specification enables the delivery of next generation subtitles in transport streams for broadcast TV services, based on W3C Timed Text Markup Language (TTML).
News categories: DVB Project, Kevin Murray, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
DVB UHD specification published by ETSI
Mar 2, 2017 – Following the approval by the DVB Steering Board for TS 101 154 V2.3.1 'Specification for the use of Video and Audio Coding in Broadcasting Applications based on the MPEG-2 Transport Stream', ETSI has officially published the DVB specification as an ETSI standard.
News categories: DVB Project, Ken McCann, Virginie Drugeon, Digital TV, Europe, Worldwide
DVB approves commercial requirements for ABR Multicast
Nov 22, 2016 – After consideration of the Commercial Requirements for ABR (Adaptive Bit Rate) Multicast presented to the 84th meeting of the DVB Steering Board, the decision was made to commit the Technical Module to produce a specification.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
DVB approves UHD-1 Phase 2 specification
Nov 17, 2016 – The DVB Steering Board has approved the specification for UHD-1 Phase 2 (TS 101 154). The specification guarantees interoperability and enables broadcasters and CE manufacturers to provide UHD-1 Phase 2 products and services.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, David Wood, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB fosters licensing program for DVB-S2X patents
Feb 19, 2015 – DVB has announced that it is fostering the formation of a licensing program covering patents essential to the DVB-S2 Extensions (DVB-S2X) specification. The initial meeting of holders of DVB-S2X technology is scheduled for March 25th.
News categories: DVB Project, Carter Eltzroth, DVB-S2, Licensing, Patent, Satellite, Worldwide
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024