Digital TV News: Digicel Play
MediaKind provides compression and transmitter infrastructure to Digicel in PNG
Sep 4, 2018 – MediaKind is supporting Digicel, the leading provider of digital TV in Papua New Guinea (PNG), to evolve its service, adding 48 new channels through deploying MediaKind’s compression headend technology and expanded transmitter infrastructure.
News categories: MediaKind, Digicel, Ken Yap, Alan Constant, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Melanesia, Terrestrial
Digicel PlayGo partners with Matrixstream for OTT Winter Olympics streaming
Feb 9, 2018 – Matrixstream is partnering with Digicel PlayGo to stream live Winter Olympic sporting events OTT in the Caribbean. The IPTV platform allows users to access 8 live Olympic feeds, including 24 hour Winter Olympic news, on any mobile device.
News categories: Matrixstream, Digicel PlayGo, Aaron Keogh, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Digicel Play smashes 100,000 customer milestone
Oct 31, 2016 – Digicel Play has announced that it has surpassed the 100,000 customer milestone across its markets in Barbados, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago – a year after the service was first launched in Jamaica.
News categories: Digicel Play, John Suranyi, Barbados, Digital TV, Jamaica, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
Digicel launches Play Go streaming app
Sep 1, 2016 – Digicel Play has announced the launch of Play Go, its live streaming service with premium and exclusive content for sports fans and TV lovers across its markets in the Caribbean.
News categories: Digicel, John Suranyi, Apps, Barbados, Caribbean, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Guyana, Jamaica, Mobile, OTT, Panama, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago
20,000 subscribers for Jamaica's Digicel Play
Apr 4, 2016 – Digicel Play has announced that its service has passed the 20,000 subscriber mark in Jamaica, less than sixty days after reaching 10,000 customers.
News categories: Digicel, John Suranyi, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica, Subscribers
Verimatrix chosen for Digicel Play HD digital entertainment service
Jun 2, 2015 – Verimatrix has announced that Digicel New Media Ventures has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB to protect its Digicel Play high definition digital entertainment service offering.
News categories: Verimatrix, Digicel, Steve Oetegenn, Alan Constant, Caribbean, Central America, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Oceania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA