Digital TV News: Evolution Digital
Evolution Digital and NCTC reach agreement for Wi-Fi and Android TV products
Jul 20, 2022 – Evolution Digital and the NCTC have announced an agreement that will continue to make Evolution Digital's suite of broadband and Android TV products available to more than 700 independent service providers across the U.S.
News categories: Evolution Digital, NCTC, Marc Cohen, Lou Borrelli, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
Jun 8, 2021 – Evolution Digital has announced that TDS Telecom plans to deploy eSTREAM 4K, its Android TV set-top box. The box integrates third-party apps and a voice-enabled remote control with TDS' managed TiVo application.
News categories: Evolution Digital, TDS Telecom, Marc Cohen, Ken Paker, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
Jun 2, 2020 – Evolution Digital has launched the Evolution Device Manager (eDM) cloud-based SaaS solution to operators deploying eSTREAM 4K, powered by Android TV. eDM is a hosted platform that enables management, administration and control of eSTREAM 4K devices in the field.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Cash Hagen, Android TV, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Midco to deploy Evolution Digital Android TV set-top box
Oct 1, 2019 – Evolution Digital has announced that Midcontinent Communications (Midco) will deploy IPTV services in early 2020 using its eSTREAM 4K managed all-IP streaming box, offering an integrated streaming-based video solution on the Android TV Operator Tier.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Midco, Marc Cohen, Bill Chatwell, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Vast Broadband selects Evolution Digital for app-based video offering
Jun 27, 2019 – Vast Broadband will use Evolution Digital as the end-to-end IP video platform provider for its app-based video offering. The app will feature linear channels, VOD, nDVR, PPV and catch-up/start-over content on an operator-customised user experience.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Vast Broadband, Marc Cohen, Jim Gleason, Android TV, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Evolution Digital launches app-based user interface
Oct 2, 2018 – Evolution Digital has unveiled its operator-customizable eMERGE app-based software client that integrates pay-TV operators’ IP video services, enabled by eVUE-TV, including live linear, VOD, PPV and network DVR recordings, with OTT streaming content.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Brent Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Mediacom deploys Evolution Digital hybrid STBs
Feb 12, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the deployment of its eBOX IP Hybrid Set-Top Box, powered by TiVo, to Mediacom Communications customers. Evolution Digital's eBOX will include Evolution Digital-enabled IP Pay-Per-View (PPV) services.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Mediacom Communications, Marc Cohen, JR Walden, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital launches 4K Android TV STB
Feb 7, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the availability of eSTREAM 4K, powered by Android TV, an all-IP streaming box that delivers traditional cable services coupled with streaming apps from the Google Play Store.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Brent Smith, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Evolution Digital rolls out upgraded eVUE-TV experience
Jan 22, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the deployment of software upgrades for its eVUE-TV IP video service experience with upgraded features and functionalities for both operators and their customers across the U.S.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Brent Smith, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, UX
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes