Digital TV News: Evolution Digital
Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
Mar 29, 2023 – Evolution Digital has announced that its EVO FORCE 1 set-top box has been integrated with OpenSync, the first Android TV STB to make the OpenSync home networking framework available.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Plume, OpenSync, Marc Cohen, Liem Vo, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Evolution Digital and NCTC reach agreement for Wi-Fi and Android TV products
Jul 20, 2022 – Evolution Digital and the NCTC have announced an agreement that will continue to make Evolution Digital's suite of broadband and Android TV products available to more than 700 independent service providers across the U.S.
News categories: Evolution Digital, NCTC, Marc Cohen, Lou Borrelli, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
Jun 8, 2021 – Evolution Digital has announced that TDS Telecom plans to deploy eSTREAM 4K, its Android TV set-top box. The box integrates third-party apps and a voice-enabled remote control with TDS' managed TiVo application.
News categories: Evolution Digital, TDS Telecom, Marc Cohen, Ken Paker, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
Jun 2, 2020 – Evolution Digital has launched the Evolution Device Manager (eDM) cloud-based SaaS solution to operators deploying eSTREAM 4K, powered by Android TV. eDM is a hosted platform that enables management, administration and control of eSTREAM 4K devices in the field.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Cash Hagen, Android TV, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Midco to deploy Evolution Digital Android TV set-top box
Oct 1, 2019 – Evolution Digital has announced that Midcontinent Communications (Midco) will deploy IPTV services in early 2020 using its eSTREAM 4K managed all-IP streaming box, offering an integrated streaming-based video solution on the Android TV Operator Tier.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Midco, Marc Cohen, Bill Chatwell, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Vast Broadband selects Evolution Digital for app-based video offering
Jun 27, 2019 – Vast Broadband will use Evolution Digital as the end-to-end IP video platform provider for its app-based video offering. The app will feature linear channels, VOD, nDVR, PPV and catch-up/start-over content on an operator-customised user experience.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Vast Broadband, Marc Cohen, Jim Gleason, Android TV, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Evolution Digital launches app-based user interface
Oct 2, 2018 – Evolution Digital has unveiled its operator-customizable eMERGE app-based software client that integrates pay-TV operators’ IP video services, enabled by eVUE-TV, including live linear, VOD, PPV and network DVR recordings, with OTT streaming content.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Brent Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Mediacom deploys Evolution Digital hybrid STBs
Feb 12, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the deployment of its eBOX IP Hybrid Set-Top Box, powered by TiVo, to Mediacom Communications customers. Evolution Digital's eBOX will include Evolution Digital-enabled IP Pay-Per-View (PPV) services.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Mediacom Communications, Marc Cohen, JR Walden, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital launches 4K Android TV STB
Feb 7, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the availability of eSTREAM 4K, powered by Android TV, an all-IP streaming box that delivers traditional cable services coupled with streaming apps from the Google Play Store.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Brent Smith, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC