Digital TV News: Fandango
FandangoNOW merged into Vudu
Aug 3, 2021 – Fandango is uniting its TV streaming services, Vudu and FandangoNOW. The new Vudu service will offer more than 200,000 new release and catalog movies and TV shows. Vudu replaces FandangoNOW on Roku in the U.S.
News categories: Fandango, Roku, Paul Yanover, Tedd Cittadine, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
DMR ad inventory available through TheViewPoint
Jun 15, 2021 – TheViewPoint has partnered with DMR to amplify monetization of DMR's CTV/OTT advertising inventory. TheViewPoint is a video ad monetization platform for publishers and broadcasters.
News categories: TheViewPoint, Digital Media Rights, Keren Pass, Aaron Bendich, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Movies Anywhere now available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Jun 23, 2020 – VIZIO has added the MOVIES ANYWHERE app to its SmartCast TV platform. MOVIES ANYWHERE offers a way for users to access movies purchased across platforms and digital retailer accounts, all in one place.
News categories: VIZIO, Movies Anywhere, Mike O'Donnel, Karin Gilford, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
COVID-19 will drive greater usage of TVOD services in 2020
May 7, 2020 – Parks Associates predicts that consumer usage of TVOD services will increase significantly in 2020. According to the firm, in Q1 2020, 14% of US broadband households had used a TVOD service over the past 30 days, a five-point increase from the previous year.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Nason, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
Mar 27, 2020 – LG Electronics USA and Movies Anywhere have announced the arrival of the Movies Anywhere app on LG Smart TVs. Movies Anywhere lets users enjoy their purchased or redeemed digital movies combined in one simplified, personal collection.
News categories: LG Electronics, Movies Anywhere, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
Jan 14, 2019 – NBCUniversal has announced the planned launch of a new streaming service providing consumers access to premium content for free, with valuable partnership opportunities for advertisers and distributors.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Bonnie Hammer, Steve Burke, Maggie Suniewick, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, USA
Comcast and Fandango add voice-activated movie ticketing via TV
May 30, 2018 – Comcast’s Xfinity and Fandango businesses have announced that Xfinity X1 customers can say 'Get tickets' into their voice remote while watching the movie trailer to search more than 30,000 theatrical screens in the U.S.
News categories: Comcast, Fandango, Nancy Spears, Mark Young, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
TELEVISA selects Spideo recommendation and analytics for BLIM SVOD
Sep 12, 2017 – Spideo has announced that Televisa’s SVOD service BLIM has selected Spideo's recommendation solutions to enhance personalization and discovery for its users. Mood discovery and advanced Thematic lists are the next steps for the collaboration.
News categories: Spideo, Televisa, Gabriel Mandelbaum, Thibault D’Orso, Enrique Jaime, Big Data, Digital TV, Mexico, Streaming
NexStreaming pre-integrates Jump Data-as-a-Service platform
Mar 21, 2017 – NexStreaming has announced that NexPlayer SDK is pre-integrated with the Jump DaaS (Data as a Service) Platform. Video service providers will now deliver the best user experience with their video apps while providing a complete Insights platform for NexStreaming customers.
News categories: Jump, NexStreaming, Jerónimo Macanás, Jesús Herrero, Carlos Lucas, Big Data, Digital TV, Media Player, Video Exchange, Worldwide
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update