Digital TV News: Federal Communications Commission
Skyboxe receives FCC certification for 4G TV gateway
Sep 1, 2020 – Skyboxe has announced that its Skyboxe Hub 4G has received an equipment authorization from the FCC. The Skyboxe Hub 4G combines hardware and data connectivity with entertainment and productivity software.
News categories: Skyboxe, Jeff Allen, 5G, Digital TV, Gateway, Set Top Box, USA
FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
Jun 30, 2020 – The FCC has formally designated Huawei and ZTE as covered companies for the purposes of the agency’s ban on the use of universal service support to purchase equipment or services from companies posing a national security threat.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, Ajit Pai, Regulation, USA
FCC clarifies Broadcast Internet rules for ATSC 3.0
Jun 9, 2020 – The Federal Communications Commission, in a Declaratory Ruling, has clarified that television station ownership restrictions do not apply to the lease of spectrum to provide Broadcast Internet services.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Regulation, USA
FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
Mar 31, 2020 – The FCC has released a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking seeking comment on proposed rule changes to permit greater flexibility for broadcasters to use distributed transmission systems (DTS) as they deploy ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Regulation, Terrestrial, USA
LG introduces ATSC 3.0-enabled OLED TVs in USA
Jan 8, 2020 – LG, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television standard, is ushering in the era of NEXTGEN TV with the introduction of six advanced new LG OLED TV models equipped to receive new services with enhanced content, pictures and sound.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3.0, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
Oct 15, 2019 – ARK Multicasting has announced an agreement with Microsoft. The companies will work together to test technology approaches to address both the broadband gap in rural America and media distribution using ARK’s broadcast network.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, Microsoft, Vern Fotheringham, Shelley McKinley, Broadband, Terrestrial, USA
Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
Oct 9, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA and LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire AT&T's wireless and wireline operations in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in an all-cash transaction.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, AT&T, Balan Nair, Jose J. Davila, Caribbean, MnA, Mobile, Puerto Rico
FCC opens up for ATSC 3.0 license applications
May 23, 2019 – The Media Bureau of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has announced that it will begin accepting Next Generation Television (ATSC 3.0) license applications in the commission’s licensing and management system on May 28, 2019.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, USA
Swisscom switches on Switzerland’s first 5G network
Apr 17, 2019 – Swisscom has become the first mobile provider in Switzerland to go live with its 5G network. Swisscom is installing the infrastructure in major cities, tourist areas and across the countryside to ensure 5G coverage across Switzerland by the end of the year.
News categories: Swisscom, Urs Schaeppi, 5G, Switzerland
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution