Digital TV News: Fetch TV
Fetch TV rolls out Mighty Gen 4 personal video recorder
May 2, 2022 – Fetch TV has begun rolling out its latest set-top box, the Mighty Gen 4 Personal Video Recorder (PVR). The Mighty Gen 4 PVR is powered by the latest chipset and Wi-Fi technology, and is an upgrade to the Mighty Gen 3 PVR.
News categories: Fetch TV, Scott Lorson, Adam Turner, Trevor Long, Stephen Fenech, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Terrestrial
Telstra adopts Fetch as TV platform provider
Apr 28, 2022 – Telstra has selected Fetch as its platform for Telstra TV. Telstra will invest around A$50m including provision for onboarding Telstra TV customers onto Fetch, resulting in Telstra acquiring a 51% stake in the company.
News categories: Telstra, Fetch TV, Kim Krogh Andersen, Scott Lorson, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, UX
OTT subscriptions to overtake DTH in Australia and New Zealand by 2026
Oct 5, 2021 – According to Dataxis, OTT subscriptions in Australia and New Zealand will overtake DTH by 2026. DTH subscriptions will however still account for more than 40% and 66% of total subscriptions respectively in the two countries.
News categories: Dataxis, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand
Fetch TV to integrate Metrological app store
Sep 1, 2020 – Fetch TV and Metrological have announced that the Metrological Application Platform will be integrated into the Fetch service. Fetch will also use the Metrological Lightning Framework to enhance the performance of its UI.
News categories: Metrological, Fetch TV, Jeroen Ghijsen, Scott Lorson, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX
Subscription home entertainment soars in Australia
Aug 17, 2020 – The COVID-19 pandemic has boosted home entertainment subscription services in Australia according to Telsyte. Australians added 5.6 million new subscriptions to the end of June 2020, an increase of 18% from a year ago.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
Oct 15, 2019 – Australia’s TV and video market is on track to achieve a second consecutive year of growth in 2019, with consumer spend set to grow by 4%, according to Futuresource Consulting. Despite the continuing upsurge, key components are experiencing wildly varying fortunes.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
Aug 19, 2019 – Australians have a growing taste for sports and video entertainment content, sending the SVOD services market to new heights, reaching 12.3 million total subscriptions at the end of June 2019, according to research from Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers
Addressable TV advertising technology already reaches over 9 million Australians
Aug 26, 2018 – Addressable TV advertising technologies allow advertisers to segment TV audiences and serve different ads within a common program or navigation screen. Research from Roy Morgan shows that over 9 million Australians are already using the devices and services that this kind of technology requires.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
SVOD feeds Australian's insatiable appetite for streaming content
Jul 30, 2018 – The Australian Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) services market continues to grow strongly reaching 9.1 million subscriptions at the end of June 2018, a year-on-year increase of 54 per cent, according to Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.