Digital TV News: Frederic Rose
Technicolor receives offer for its Research & Innovation activity from InterDigital
Feb 11, 2019 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that it has received a binding offer and entered into exclusive negotiations with InterDigital (NASDAQ : IDCC) for the sale of its Research & Innovation activity. InterDigital acquired Technicolor's Patent Licensing business in 2018.
News categories: Technicolor, InterDigital, Frederic Rose, Big Data, MandA, Smart Home, Worldwide
Technicolor to acquire Cisco connected devices division
Jul 23, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has entered into an exclusive agreement with Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) to acquire its customer premises equipment (CPE) business for €550 million (or $600 million equivalent) in a cash and stock transaction.
News categories: Technicolor, Cisco Systems, Frederic Rose, John Chambers, Cable TV, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, MandA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Technicolor shareholders approve capital increases proposed by Vector Capital
Jun 20, 2012 – Technicolor (Euronext: TCH) shareholders have approved the resolutions proposed by Vector Capital. The capital increases will allow Technicolor to strengthen its balance sheet and enhance its capabilities to implement its strategic roadmap.
News categories: Technicolor, Vector Capital, Gateway, Private Equity, Set Top Box
Technicolor Announces Strategic Relationships with Intel, Samsung, and VIZIO to Bring Content to Consumers across Devices
Jan 11, 2012 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has unveiled its new consumer brand, M-GO. M-GO offers access to content across all connected devices through a cloud-based experience. Technicolor also announced partnerships around M-GO with Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), Samsung (Seoul: 005930), and VIZIO.
News categories: Technicolor, Intel Corp, Samsung, Vizio, Apps, Blu-ray, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Technicolor reaches 100 million digital set-top box milestone
Feb 4, 2010 – Technicolor (Euronext 18453; NYSE: TCH), formerly Thomson, has reached the milestone of delivering 100 million digital set-top boxes over multi networks since it entered the market in 1994.
News categories: Technicolor, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Samsung, DreamWorks and Technicolor Form Strategic Alliance for 3D Home Entertainment
Jan 6, 2010 – Samsung (Seoul: 005930), DreamWorks Animation (NASDAQ: DWA) and Technicolor (Paris: 18543, NYSE: TMS) have announced that they have formed a global strategic alliance for the delivery of a complete 3D home entertainment solution in 2010.
News categories: Samsung, DreamWorks, Technicolor, Blu-ray, CES2021, Smart TV, VR
Thomson Supplies STBs and Home Networking To Bouygues Telecom
Jul 27, 2009 – Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) has announced that it is providing a range of home networking solutions to Bouygues Telecom for the roll out of its 'Bbox' gateway, launched at the end of 2008.
News categories: Thomson, Bouygues Telecom, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Thomson provides HD set-top boxes to Orange
Jul 27, 2009 – Thomson (Euronext: 18453; NYSE: TMS) has started deliveries of a new version of its hybrid terrestrial/IPTV/satellite HD set-top box to Orange (Paris & NYSE: FTE) for its television service.
News categories: Thomson, Orange, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Telekom Austria selects Alcatel-Lucent to enrich IPTV offering
May 30, 2008 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has been selected by Telekom Austria (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY), Austria's major service provider, to enrich Telekom Austria's IPTV offering.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Telekom Austria, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product