Digital TV News: Freescale
Over 35 million In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) Systems Expected to Ship in 2015
Mar 1, 2011 – Automakers have begun to integrate in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems into a wider range of automobiles in order to reenergize new vehicle sales. In-Stat forecasts that over 35 million IVI systems will ship in 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, In-Car, Market Research
DivX and Freescale Collaborate to Support DivX TV™ and Drive DivX HD™ Playback Adoption
Feb 15, 2011 – DivX® (NASDAQ: SNIC) has announced an expanded collaboration with Freescale Semiconductor to adopt DivX HD™ technology across multiple platforms and support DivX TV™ on its chipsets.
News categories: Freescale, DivX, Media Player, Mobile, MWC21, Semiconductor
D2 Technologies Collaborates with Freescale on Android-based Reference Design with HD Video Call Capability
Jan 6, 2011 – D2 Technologies has announced the availability of a new multimedia processor/software solution based on i.MX technology from Freescale. The platform offers a production-ready solution for devices delivering high definition voice and IP video calling.
News categories: D2 Technologies, Freescale, CES2022, Middleware, Semiconductor
RealD Introduces Universal Active 3D Eyewear Technology
Jan 6, 2011 – RealD (NYSE: RLD) has announced technology to deliver universal active 3D eyewear compatible with 3D TVs sold by most major CE brands. RealD's ASIC incorporates a programmable front-end designed to sync image streams with multiple brands of 3D displays.
News categories: RealD, CES2022, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, VR
Freescale Semiconductor and RealD to Create New At-Home 3D Viewing Experience for Consumers
Jan 6, 2011 – Freescale has announced that it is collaborating with RealD (NYSE: RLD) to create an active 3D eyewear platform that provides realistic HD 3D TV viewing while solving certain technical and cost problems associated with infrared based systems.
News categories: Freescale, RealD, CES2022, Semiconductor, Smart Home, VR
Freescale Delivers Dramatic Performance Advances for Tablet, Smartphone, eReader, Automotive Infotainment and Other Hot Consumer Markets
Jan 3, 2011 – Freescale has introduced the i.MX 6 series of quad-, dual- and single-core applications processors designed to deliver performance and scalability to manufacturers targeting smart mobile, automotive infotainment and embedded device categories.
News categories: Freescale, ICs, In-Car, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Tablet
Freescale and Vestel Jointly Develop RF Remote Controlled LCD TV
Sep 2, 2010 – Freescale Semiconductor and Vestel Electronics have announced that they have been working together to develop an LCD-TV with radio frequency (RF) remote control that uses Freescale's BeeStack Consumer ZigBee-RF4CE platform.
News categories: Freescale, Vestel, ZigBee, IFA, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
MPEG IC Shipments on Track to Reach 2 Billion units
Feb 1, 2010 – As consumers access digital video on more devices, applications for MPEG digital video compression technology are expanding, particularly in portable devices, reports In-Stat. As a result, shipments of MPEG ICs will reach 2 billion units by 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Abilis Acquires Two Product Lines From Freescale
Aug 14, 2009 – Abilis Systems (SWX:KUD) has announced the acquisition of Freescale's CMOS Modulators and Silicon Tuner product lines, allowing Abilis to expand its portfolio silicon-based digital TV solutions, particularly for DTT and cable platforms.
News categories: Abilis Systems, Freescale, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion