Digital TV News: GfK
U.S. consumers spend more time with TV than all other ad-supported media
Feb 26, 2020 – GfK, in collaboration with TVB, has announced preliminary results from the 2020 Media Comparisons Study. Key findings indicate American consumers spend more time with television than all other ad-supported media platforms.
News categories: TVB, GfK, Steve Lanzano, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Germans watching more than 5 hours of video and TV each day
Jan 22, 2019 – According to VAUNET's Media Usage Analysis, during 2018 audiovisual media usage by Germans rose to over nine hours a day for the first time. Radio and TV continued to be by far the most frequently consumed types of media.
News categories: VAUNET, Dr. Harald Flemming, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Mobile
Global market for technical consumer goods exceeded €1 trillion in 2018
Jan 7, 2019 – According to GfK, the global market for technical consumer goods (TCG) exceeded the one-trillion mark for the first time in 2018 with sales of €1.01 trillion. This is a four percent increase on the previous year.
News categories: GfK, Markus Kick, CES2023, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart TV, Worldwide
Freeview Play devices sold in UK reach five million
Dec 19, 2018 – Freeview and Digital UK have announced that the total number of Freeview Play devices sold in the UK has now surpassed five million. Freeview Play was launched in 2015 to provide viewers of the UK’s favourite TV platform with access to live, catch up and on-demand programming.
News categories: Digital UK, Freeview, Jonathan Thompson, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
High-end TVs dragging the market upwards
Aug 29, 2018 – In the first half of 2018, GfK recorded total sales of €45 billion for the global market for televisions (TV). That is about one percent more than in the same period last year, spurred by this year’s FIFA World Cup in Russia.
News categories: GfK, Digital TV, IFABerlin, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
71% of US consumers have a TV cord and plan to keep it
Aug 27, 2018 – While cord cutting and shaving may be challenges for pay-TV providers, the vast majority of US consumers still say they are not ready to give up on these proven and deeply established sources of entertainment, according to GfK MRI research.
News categories: GfK MRI, Amy Hunt, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, USA
One-third of US consumers own two or more smart home devices
Mar 20, 2018 – New GfK research shows that nearly six-in-ten (58%) of US consumers say Smart Home – defined as a 'smart house in which most things are interconnected' – is likely to change their lives in the next few years.
News categories: GfK, Tom Neri, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
MMS and GfK launch Total Video Ad Ratings in Sweden
Nov 10, 2017 – Following on from the digital ad ratings service launched earlier this year, MMS and GfK have now extended the platform into a Total Video service. The enlarged service enables the market to measure the return-on-investment of video advertisement cross-platform on linear TV, Smart TV, PC, Smartphone and Tablet devices.
News categories: GfK, MMS, Lydia Irving, Magnus Anshelm, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, Sweden
Australian home video consumption benefits from drop in piracy
Nov 1, 2017 – Data released by the Australian Home Entertainment Distributors Association (AHEDA) indicates that in-home consumption of video has benefited from industry efforts to combat film and TV piracy.
News categories: AHEDA, GfK, Simon Bush, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters