Digital TV News: Google Cloud
Quickplay teams with Google Cloud on generative AI
Sep 13, 2023 – Quickplay is partnering with Google Cloud to use generative AI to create opportunities for consumer engagement, satisfaction and monetization for the media and entertainment industry.
News categories: Quickplay, Google Cloud, Paul Pastor, Juan Martin, Kip Schauer, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
May 24, 2023 – beIN MEDIA and Google Cloud are to explore the use of Google Cloud data analytics and machine learning to deliver more personalized and relevant experiences across beIN's services.
News categories: BeIN Media, Google Cloud, Israel Esteban, Anthony Cirot, Ghassan Kosta, Big Data, Digital TV, Qatar, UX
Ateme joins Google Cloud Marketplace
Apr 27, 2023 – Ateme's video processing and delivery products can now be purchased on Google Cloud Marketplace, expanding the choice available to Google Cloud users seeking video delivery solutions.
News categories: Ateme, Google Cloud, Yohann Guilloux, Kip Schauer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Software, Worldwide
Cignal TV to extend Cignal Play and launch sports app with Quickplay
Apr 12, 2023 – Cignal TV is using Quickplay's cloud-native OTT platform to extend the capabilities of its Cignal Play video streaming service and to launch a sports app for Filipino fans worldwide.
News categories: Quickplay, Cignal TV, Goutham Vinjamuri, Jane Basas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming, Worldwide
MSG Networks taps Quickplay to power MSG+ streaming service
Apr 11, 2023 – MSG+, MSG Networks' new streaming service set to launch this summer, will use a cloud native OTT platform from Quickplay to optimize sports viewing experiences for consumers.
News categories: Quickplay, MSG Networks, Paul Pastor, David Schafer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
TELUS working with Accenture on next-gen entertainment platform
Mar 7, 2023 – TELUS (NYSE: TU) has teamed up with Accenture (NYSE: ACN) to launch a platform for TV and OTT content. Future plans for the platform include technologies such as 5G, IoT and intelligent automation.
News categories: Accenture, TELUS, Andrew Marchant, Amit Nag, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart Home
Mercedes-Benz and Google partner on in-car experience development
Feb 22, 2023 – Mercedes-Benz will build its MB.OS experience using in-car data and navigation from Google Maps. The partnership also includes technologies from Google Cloud and YouTube to help create new experiences for drivers.
News categories: Google, Mercedes-Benz, Sundar Pichai, Ola Källenius, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
Dish TV and SEI present smart solutions at Android TV APAC Summit
Jan 8, 2022 – Dish TV has moved to Android TV for its STBs and plans to expand its IoT business based on the platform. With this in mind, SEI Robotics provided a solution combining Android TV, the Google Cloud Platform and ecosystem partner technology.
News categories: SEI Robotics, Dish TV India, Jeff Yin, Sunil Kumar, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Allen Media Group plans DTC streaming strategy with Quickplay
Sep 8, 2022 – Allen Media Group and Quickplay have announced an agreement that paves the way for Allen Media Group's direct-to-consumer (DTC) streaming products, built using Quickplay's platform running on Google Cloud.
News categories: Quickplay, Allen Media, Paul Pastor, Byron Allen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data