Digital TV News: Google Cloud
Dish TV and SEI present smart solutions at Android TV APAC Summit
Jan 8, 2022 – Dish TV has moved to Android TV for its STBs and plans to expand its IoT business based on the platform. With this in mind, SEI Robotics provided a solution combining Android TV, the Google Cloud Platform and ecosystem partner technology.
News categories: SEI Robotics, Dish TV India, Jeff Yin, Sunil Kumar, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Allen Media Group plans DTC streaming strategy with Quickplay
Sep 8, 2022 – Allen Media Group and Quickplay have announced an agreement that paves the way for Allen Media Group's direct-to-consumer (DTC) streaming products, built using Quickplay's platform running on Google Cloud.
News categories: Quickplay, Allen Media, Paul Pastor, Byron Allen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Harmonic adds Google Cloud support to VOS360 SaaS platform
Aug 30, 2022 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its VOS®360 SaaS platform is now available on Google Cloud, bringing additional infrastructure options to media and entertainment companies.
News categories: Harmonic, Google Cloud, Shahar Bar, Kip Schauer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca integrates applications with Google Cloud
Apr 20, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that VO solutions are now integrated with Google Cloud Anthos, a fully managed Kubernetes-based platform that allows users to manage their data and applications in hybrid cloud environments, including on-premises, the public cloud, the private cloud, and multi-cloud.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Google Cloud, Orange, Alain Nochimowski, Jeff Reed, Steve Jarrett, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Android TV powered MagentaTV One launches in Germany
Jan 31, 2022 – Deutsche Telekom has announced an expanded partnership with Google including its TV service, MagentaTV One, powered by Android TV OS, available now in Germany and expanding to additional European markets.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Google, Tim Höttges, Sundar Pichai, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, Set Top Box, Streaming
aha 2.0 streaming service launches globally with Firstlight Media
Nov 16, 2021 – The aha streaming service is using Firstlight Media's end-to-end cloud-native OTT platform as the technology foundation to power its next phases of growth in India and beyond, the two companies have announced.
News categories: Firstlight Media, aha, Andre Christensen, Allu Bobby, Ajit Thakur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Worldwide
ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
Oct 12, 2021 – ATEME has joined the Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program to accelerate the deployment of its cloud tools and technology. As part of the program, ATEME is bringing its video solutions to Google Cloud.
News categories: ATEME, Google Cloud, Rémi Beaudouin, Content Distribution, Worldwide
VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
Jun 22, 2021 – Bitmovin has announced that VuClip has deployed scalable video encoding with Bitmovin on Google Cloud. VuClip delivers on-demand entertainment to over 42 million monthly active users in emerging markets.
News categories: Bitmovin, VuClip, Google Cloud, Stefan Lederer, Praveen Singh, Kip Schauer, Africa, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, Streaming
Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
Jan 19, 2021 – Firstlight Media has partnered with Google Cloud to support its deployments of OTT video streaming services. Firstlight Media's microservices-based architecture takes full advantage of the capabilities of Google Cloud.
News categories: Firstlight Media, Google Cloud, Andre Christensen, Kip Schauer, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December