Digital TV News: Google Cloud
Synamedia adds 'as-a-Service' OTT offerings with Google Cloud
Apr 29, 2020 – Synamedia has partnered with Google Cloud to expand its video network portfolio with new OTT 'as a service' offerings. Synamedia will leverage Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) to enable customers to scale as they grow.
News categories: Synamedia, Google Cloud, Julien Signes, Anil Jain, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
MediaKind offers Aquila Streaming as-a-service on Google Cloud
Apr 16, 2020 – MediaKind has extended its deal with Google Cloud to enable its Aquila Streaming to be offered as-a-service on the Google Cloud platform. Aquila Streaming is an OTT headend that enables content to be received, transcoded, packaged, encrypted and delivered.
News categories: MediaKind, Google Cloud, Angel Ruiz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Google to power Activision Blizzard player experiences
Jan 24, 2020 – Google Cloud will serve as the preferred provider for Activision Blizzard's game hosting infrastructure and YouTube as its exclusive streaming partner worldwide, excluding China, for live broadcasts of its esports leagues and events.
News categories: Google Cloud, Activision Blizzard, YouTube, Sunil Rayan, Jacques Erasmus, Pete Vlastelica, Ryan Wyatt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Harmonic, with Google and 3SS, creates live sports workflow on Android TV
Sep 12, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT), in collaboration with Google and 3SS, has created an integrated OTT and broadcast live sports workflow on Android TV, delivering features such as picture-in-picture, multi-view and personalized mosaic.
News categories: Harmonic, 3SS, Shahar Bar, Pierre Donath, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, UX
MediaKind launches technology alliance at IBC 2019
Sep 12, 2019 – At IBC2019, MediaKind is launching the MediaKind Universe Alliance - a partnership program which gives content providers, service providers, and operators access to solutions that combine technologies and services from MediaKind with partners in Cloud and other offerings.
News categories: MediaKind, Raul Aldrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Worldwide
Ooyala unveils Google Cloud integrations at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – Ooyala will showcase a range of new features for its Ooyala Flex Media Platform at NAB 2019. The platform now integrates with Google Cloud Video Intelligence and Google Cloud’s AI and Machine Learning products, for precise video analysis and metadata enrichment.
News categories: Ooyala, Google Cloud, Jonathan Huberman, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
MediaKind personalizes the user experience with Google Cloud
Apr 8, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that it has partnered with Google Cloud to enable MediaKind’s entire portfolio of solutions to operate on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). MediaKind customers can now use Google Cloud to deliver a heightened level of personalized user experience.
News categories: MediaKind, Google Cloud, Angel Ruiz, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
CenturyLink fiber network helps get video in and out of Google Cloud
Apr 4, 2019 – CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) has announced that its Vyvx suite of fiber-based broadcast services now provides secure, high-performance connectivity into Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Vyvx Cloud Connect provides a path for getting live and linear video in and out of the cloud.
News categories: CenturyLink, Google Cloud, Bill Wohnoutka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, USA, Worldwide
Deutsche Telekom and MediaKind first to stream 6K tiled 360° live sport
Dec 10, 2018 – MediaKind has announced that it has pushed the boundaries of immersive consumer experience of live sport by streaming the world’s first multi-channel 6K 360-degree live sports event in collaboration with Deutsche Telekom, Magnum Film, Tiledmedia, INVR.SPACE and Iconic Engine.
News categories: MediaKind, Deutsche Telekom, Angel Ruiz, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, OTT, VR
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019