Digital TV News: Google Cloud
TELUS working with Accenture on next-gen entertainment platform
Mar 7, 2023 – TELUS (NYSE: TU) has teamed up with Accenture (NYSE: ACN) to launch a platform for TV and OTT content. Future plans for the platform include technologies such as 5G, IoT and intelligent automation.
News categories: Accenture, TELUS, Andrew Marchant, Amit Nag, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart Home
Mercedes-Benz and Google partner on in-car experience development
Feb 22, 2023 – Mercedes-Benz will build its MB.OS experience using in-car data and navigation from Google Maps. The partnership also includes technologies from Google Cloud and YouTube to help create new experiences for drivers.
News categories: Google, Mercedes-Benz, Sundar Pichai, Ola Källenius, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
Dish TV and SEI present smart solutions at Android TV APAC Summit
Jan 8, 2022 – Dish TV has moved to Android TV for its STBs and plans to expand its IoT business based on the platform. With this in mind, SEI Robotics provided a solution combining Android TV, the Google Cloud Platform and ecosystem partner technology.
News categories: SEI Robotics, Dish TV India, Jeff Yin, Sunil Kumar, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Allen Media Group plans DTC streaming strategy with Quickplay
Sep 8, 2022 – Allen Media Group and Quickplay have announced an agreement that paves the way for Allen Media Group's direct-to-consumer (DTC) streaming products, built using Quickplay's platform running on Google Cloud.
News categories: Quickplay, Allen Media, Paul Pastor, Byron Allen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Harmonic adds Google Cloud support to VOS360 SaaS platform
Aug 30, 2022 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its VOS®360 SaaS platform is now available on Google Cloud, bringing additional infrastructure options to media and entertainment companies.
News categories: Harmonic, Google Cloud, Shahar Bar, Kip Schauer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca integrates applications with Google Cloud
Apr 20, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that VO solutions are now integrated with Google Cloud Anthos, a fully managed Kubernetes-based platform that allows users to manage their data and applications in hybrid cloud environments, including on-premises, the public cloud, the private cloud, and multi-cloud.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Google Cloud, Orange, Alain Nochimowski, Jeff Reed, Steve Jarrett, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Android TV powered MagentaTV One launches in Germany
Jan 31, 2022 – Deutsche Telekom has announced an expanded partnership with Google including its TV service, MagentaTV One, powered by Android TV OS, available now in Germany and expanding to additional European markets.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Google, Tim Höttges, Sundar Pichai, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, Set Top Box, Streaming
aha 2.0 streaming service launches globally with Firstlight Media
Nov 16, 2021 – The aha streaming service is using Firstlight Media's end-to-end cloud-native OTT platform as the technology foundation to power its next phases of growth in India and beyond, the two companies have announced.
News categories: Firstlight Media, aha, Andre Christensen, Allu Bobby, Ajit Thakur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Worldwide
ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
Oct 12, 2021 – ATEME has joined the Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program to accelerate the deployment of its cloud tools and technology. As part of the program, ATEME is bringing its video solutions to Google Cloud.
News categories: ATEME, Google Cloud, Rémi Beaudouin, Content Distribution, Worldwide
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania