Digital TV News: HDMI Licensing
Silicon Line demonstrates first active optical cables with HDMI 2.1 support
Jan 7, 2019 – At CES 2019, Silicon Line is demonstrating the world's first active optical cables with embedded technology supporting all features of the recently released HDMI 2.1 specification.
News categories: Silicon Line, Ruud van der Linden, CES2022, Digital TV, Semiconductor
Shipments of HDMI products near 900 million units in 2017
Jan 8, 2018 – HDMI LA has reported that almost 1,800 licensed HDMI Adopters, representing a broad range of product categories, are expected to have shipped nearly 900 million HDMI-compliant products in 2017 for a total cumulative installed base approaching seven billion devices.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, Rob Tobias, Robert Blanchard, CES2022, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
HDMI releases alternate mode for USB Type-C connector
Sep 1, 2016 – HDMI Licensing has released its HDMI Alternate Mode ('Alt Mode') developed for the USB Type-C specification. This will allow HDMI-enabled sources to utilize a USB Type-C connector to directly connect to HDMI-enabled displays.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, USB-IF, Rob Tobias, Jeff Ravencraft, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
HDMI Licensing launches HDMI 2.0 Certification Program
Oct 5, 2015 – HDMI Licensing has announced a Premium HDMI Cable Certification Program. The program tests that the cable can support the 18Gbps bandwidth required by the HDMI 2.0 Specification - a throughput typically needed for video formats such as 4K/UltraHD.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, Jeff Park, Rob Tobias, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
HDMI Forum releases 2.0a specification
Apr 8, 2015 – HDMI Forum has announced the completion and release of Version 2.0a of the HDMI Specification. The specification has been updated to enable transmission of HDR formats, which provide enhanced picture quality.
News categories: HDMI Forum, Robert Blanchard, Arnold Brown, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
HDMI Forum releases Version 2.0 of the HDMI specification
Sep 4, 2013 – HDMI Forum has announced the release of Version 2.0 of the HDMI Specification. The update offers increased bandwidth to support new features such as [email protected]/60 (2160p); 32 audio channels; as well as dynamic auto lip-sync and extensions to CEC.
News categories: HDMI Forum, Digital TV, IFA, Smart Home, Smart TV
HDMI Licensing Releases HDMI Specification Version 1.4a
Mar 4, 2010 – HDMI Licensing has released HDMI Specification Version 1.4a, which features key enhancements for 3D applications including the addition of mandatory 3D formats for broadcast content plus the addition of the 3D format referred to as Top-and-Bottom.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, Smart Home, VR
3D Portion of HDMI Specification Version 1.4 Available for Public Download
Feb 3, 2010 – HDMI Licensing, the agent responsible for licensing the High-Definition Multimedia Interface® (HDMI®) specification, has announced that it has made the 3D portion of the HDMI Specification Version 1.4 available for public download on the HDMI Web site.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, VR
HDMI Licensing Announces HDMI Version 1.4 Features
May 28, 2009 – HDMI Licensing has announced the features that will be incorporated in the upcoming HDMI 1.4 specification including capabilities such as Ethernet connectivity and an Audio Return Channel to enable upstream audio connections via the HDMI cable.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, Digital TV, DVD, Gaming, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement