Digital TV News: Harmonic Inc
One third of cable subscribers to be passed by DOCSIS 3.1 by April 2017
Jul 28, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) conducted in-depth interviews with cable operators across the globe that collectively control 87 percent of the world’s cable capex and found that 42 percent of them plan to deploy a distributed access architecture (DAA) by 2017.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Market Research, Worldwide
Cable broadband equipment market off to mixed start in 2015
Jun 10, 2015 – As MSOs continued major upgrades to their broadband networks, cable DOCSIS channel shipments grew to 1.8 million in the first quarter of 2015, a 14 percent sequential increase, and a gain of 48 percent from the year-ago first quarter, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Market Research, Worldwide
DOCSIS channel shipments rose to record levels in 2014
Feb 27, 2015 – Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) has reported that DOCSIS channel shipments rose to record levels in 2014 - up 114 percent to 4.8 million worldwide - as cable operators continue to improve their networks to offer services to customers at ever-higher speeds.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable Modem, DOCSIS, Market Research, Worldwide
ViXS and Harmonic demonstrate HEVC 1080i and hybrid AVC/HEVC MPEG-DASH streaming
Jan 5, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has teamed up with Harmonic at CES to demonstrate hybrid AVC/HEVC, MPEG-DASH technology - called HybridDASH. The companies will also demonstrate 1080i HEVC broadcast video delivery using SAFF standard syntax.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Harmonic Inc, Sally Daub, Thierry Fautier, CES2022, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DOCSIS channel shipments up 95% YoY in 3Q 2014
Nov 24, 2014 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 3rd quarter 2014 (3Q14) CCAP, CMTS, and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers report. Worldwide revenue for CCAP, CMTS, edge QAM, and CMC equipment totaled $445 million in 3Q14, an 8% sequential increase.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Market Research, Worldwide
OTT and multiscreen TV drive spending on broadcast and streaming video equipment
Jun 3, 2014 – According to Infonetics, the broadcast and streaming video equipment market grew 5.6% worldwide in 2013, as spending on CDNs increased while spending on contribution encoders and VOD playout servers decreased.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Content Distribution, Market Research, Worldwide
Verimatrix to secure Wananchi OTT services
May 19, 2014 – Verimatrix has extended its partnership with the Wananchi Group to secure the revenues of Zuku TV across DTH satellite, digital cable and IP-over-GPON networks, and later this year via over-the-top video services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Wananchi, Richard Alden, Steve Oetegenn, ANGA COM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Kenya, OTT
Octoshape demonstrates 4K end-to-end OTT/IPTV with Harmonic and AirTies
May 13, 2014 – Octoshape has announced an interoperability demonstration of 4k stream resolution delivered over the public Internet to consumer set-top boxes (STBs), with technology from Harmonic and AirTies Wireless Networks.
News categories: Octoshape, Harmonic, AirTies, Bulent Celebi, Michael Koehn Milland, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Harmonic and Elemental tie for lead in multiscreen encoder market
Apr 23, 2014 – A recent Competitive Assessment by ABI Research, looking at the multiscreen encoder market, found a virtual tie between well-established Harmonic and rapidly growing start-up Elemental.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.