Digital TV News: Hellas Sat
Arabsat 6A successfully launched
Apr 12, 2019 – Arabsat 6A has been successfully launched from Cape Canaveral in Florida on a Falcon-Heavy rocket. The satellite, manufactured by Lockheed Martin, is to be placed in the exclusive orbit of Arabsat at 30.5 degrees East.
News categories: Arabsat, Khaled bin Ahmed Balkheyour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Hellas Sat 4 successfully launched
Feb 7, 2019 – Hellas Sat has announced that the Hellas Sat 4 has been successfully launched. Hellas Sat 4 is a Ku-band satellite that will be positioned at 39°E to provide coverage over Europe, the Middle East and Southern Africa. The satellite is expected to commence service in Q3 2019.
News categories: Hellas Sat, Christodoulos Protopapas, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
Ariane 5 orbits Intelsat 37e and BSAT-4a satellites
Sep 29, 2017 – Arianespace has orbited telecommunications satellites for its long-time customers. The mission carried Intelsat 37e for Intelsat, along with BSAT-4a which was launched as part of a turnkey contract between Japan’s B-SAT and SSL.
News categories: Arianespace, Intelsat, B-SAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
Arianespace to launch Hellas Sat 3 and GSAT-17 on June 28
Jun 22, 2017 – For its seventh launch of the year, and the fourth Ariane 5 mission in 2017 from the Guiana Space Center in French Guiana, Arianespace will orbit two payloads: Hellas Sat 3-Inmarsat S EAN and GSAT-17 for the Indian space agency ISRO.
News categories: Arianespace, Hellas Sat, ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, India, Middle-East, Satellite, South Africa
RomTelecom finishes 3Q09 with 831,000 DTH subscribers
Nov 5, 2009 – The OTE Group (Athens: HTO, NYSE: OTE) has announced results for the quarter ended September 30, 2009. In Romania, RomTelecom's DTH subscribers passed 831,000 in the quarter and a new IPTV project is to be launched in the coming months.
News categories: RomTelecom, OTE Group, Greece, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
DT Germany sells 164,000 IPTV packages in 3Q09
Nov 5, 2009 – Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has released results for the third quarter. Entertain, DT's IPTV service in Germany, had sold 885,000 packages by the end of the quarter, well on the way to the target of one million for the full year.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Croatia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Hellas Sat acquires licence for Greek DTH
Aug 3, 2009 – A contract between Hellas Sat, part of the OTE Group (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE), and the Hellenic Republic has been signed. Under the agreement OTE Group receives a licence to provide subscriber TV services in Greece through its satellite Hellas Sat 2.
News categories: OTE Group, Hellas Sat, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite, Subscribers
Greece's first HD platform project to deploy conditional access solution from Conax
May 28, 2008 – Leading Greek satellite operator, Hellas Sat, is ready to launch an exciting new HD platform with conditional access from Conax.
News categories: Conax, Hellas Sat, ANGA COM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform