Digital TV News: Hispasat
Successful launch of the HISPASAT Amazonas 5 satellite
Sep 12, 2017 – HISPASAT has successfully launched its eleventh satellite, Amazonas 5. Its 24 transponders in the Ku band, with coverage of Central and South America, provide high-performance direct-to-home television (DTH) services.
News categories: HISPASAT, Carlos Espinós, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Amazonas 5 satellite arrives at Baikonur spaceport
Aug 10, 2017 – The Amazonas 5 satellite has arrived at the ILS launch site in Baikonur, Kazakhstan. It has 24 transponders in the Ku band offering coverage over Central and South America that will provide DTH television services.
News categories: Hispasat, International Launch Services, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
HISPASAT in first live broadcast with 4K HDR technology in Spain
Jun 30, 2017 – HISPASAT will be participating in the first live television broadcast in Spain using 4K HDR technology. The satellite operator will collaborate with RTVE in offering the broadcast of the Solemn Changing of the Royal Guard from the Royal Palace in Madrid on 5 July at 12:00pm.
News categories: HISPASAT, RTVE, Digital TV, Satellite, Spain
Hispasat 36W-1 satellite due for orbit on January 27
Jan 16, 2017 – HISPASAT has announced that Hispasat 36W-1 (H36W-1) will be put into orbit on January 27. H36W-1 has 20 Ku-band transponders and additional capacity for up to 3 Ka-band transponders over the Iberian Peninsula and the Canary Islands.
News categories: HISPASAT, CDTI, European Space Agency, Elena Pisonero, Juan Carlos Cortés, Xavier Lobao, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Satellite, Spain
HISPASAT and MEO to broadcast Champions League Final and UEFA Euro in 4K
May 18, 2016 – HISPASAT and Portugal Telecom’s MEO have reached an agreement to broadcast in 4K format the Champions League Final on the Sport TV channel as well as eight of the most important matches of the UEFA Euro 2016 on the RTP 4K channel.
News categories: HISPASAT, Portugal Telecom, Digital TV, Portugal, Satellite
ATEME drives first live 4K UHD opera broadcast in Spain
May 10, 2016 – ATEME has announced that RTVE, Spain’s public service broadcaster, broadcast the 'Parsifal' opera by Wagner from Teatro Real on April 21, live in Ultra High Definition (UHD).
News categories: ATEME, RTVE, HISPASAT, Vincent PEDREGNO, Pere VILA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Spain, Terrestrial
RTVE and partners to show 4K HDR over DVB-T2 in Seville
Nov 4, 2015 – At the 4K Summit in Seville, RTVE, in collaboration with Cellnex Telecom, Hispasat, Dolby Laboratories and SAPEC, will present two worldwide premieres that will showcase Ultra HD and also its distribution through the different platforms used by citizens.
News categories: RTVE, Cellnex, Hispasat, Dolby, SAPEC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Spain, Terrestrial
Portugal's NOS trials UHD with Thomson Video Networks HEVC encoders
Oct 7, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that NOS has pioneered Ultra HD (UHD) broadcasting in Portugal with the launch of two trial UHD channels leveraging the HEVC compression capabilities of Thomson's ViBE VS7000 encoding/transcoding platform.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, NOS, Eric Louvet, Alexandre Martins, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal
HISPASAT begins 4K broadcasting with HDR on Hispasat 1E
Sep 8, 2015 – Spanish satellite communications operator HISPASAT has begun 4K TV transmissions in Europe using the High Dynamic Range (HDR) format. Broadcasting on Hispasat 1E, it is the first satellite service in the world using Dolby Vision HDR.
News categories: HISPASAT, Dolby, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2022, Satellite
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV