Digital TV News: JUMP
Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
Oct 14, 2021 – According to GfK SE, a total of around 4 million TV sets were sold in Germany in the first three quarters of 2021. Of these, around 3.7 million were smart TVs that enable the use of apps or media libraries via HbbTV or the internet.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, ZVEI, GfK, Carine Chardon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Smart TV
Sky introduces Sky Glass streaming TV
Oct 7, 2021 – Sky has announced the launch of its Sky Glass streaming television. Sky Glass will be the only TV with Sky inside. With Sky Glass, subscribers can now get Sky TV over WiFi, with no satellite dish and no box.
News categories: Sky, Dana Strong, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
Sep 20, 2021 – As demand for subscription entertainment shows no sign of slowing, and content continues to fragment across new and existing services, audiences are fast approaching a tipping point, Deloitte Australia's latest Media Consumer Survey reveals.
News categories: Deloitte, Leora Nevezie, Will Castles, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
Sep 20, 2021 – Conviva has released its State of Streaming: Content Discovery report for 2021. The report shows content streamed for the first time is discovered in four ways: word of mouth, advertising, social media and streaming service recommendations.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Sky Q and Sky Go in the UK get new features
Sep 9, 2021 – Sky Q has announced that new features have been added to its platform in the UK. On Sky Q, more control is available by using voice commands, and Sky Go now supports restart, ad-skipping and downloads for offline viewing.
News categories: Sky, Fraser Stirling, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, UK
Amazon-built TVs launched in the U.S.
Sep 9, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced a new lineup of Fire TV devices with its first-ever Amazon-built smart TVs, the Amazon Fire TV Omni Series and 4-Series smart TVs, and the all-new Fire TV Stick 4K Max.
News categories: Amazon, Daniel Rausch, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
U.S. FAST market to reach $4.1 billion in 2023
Aug 26, 2021 – According to research from nScreenMedia, sponsored by Verizon Media, ad revenue earned by virtual linear (vLinear) channels is expected to grow from $2.1 billion in 2021 to $4.1 billion in 2023.
News categories: nScreenMedia, Verizon Media, Colin Dixon, Ariff Sidi, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Deutsche Telekom offers UEI remote with its Apple TV 4K service
Aug 18, 2021 – As part of its Apple TV 4K service, Deutsche Telekom is offering customers the voice-enabled Apple TV 4K remote control designed specifically for MVPDs from Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC).
News categories: Universal Electronics Inc, Deutsche Telekom, Steve Gutman, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box
U.S. tech revenue to hit $487 billion in 2021
Jul 15, 2021 – According to the CTA, subscription video streaming services will see continued growth in demand in 2021. TV shipments will reach 45 million units, with NEXTGEN TV shipments up nearly sixfold to 2.1 million units.
News categories: CTA, Gary Shapiro, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, USA, VR
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement