Digital TV News: Janice Lee
PCCW Media's Viu TV expands to India and Malaysia
Mar 4, 2016 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) has launched Viu OTT mobile video entertainment service in India and Malaysia. Offered as a freemium service, Viu provides viewers in both markets with free access to thousands of hours of premium content for local users.
News categories: PCCW, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, India, Malaysia, Mobile, OTT
Telekom Malaysia and Vuclip launch OTT TV
Feb 22, 2016 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) and Viu, an Over-the-Top (OTT) video-on-demand (VOD) service from Vuclip, a PCCW media company, have announced their partnership with the launch of Viu in Malaysia. Viu is a freemium OTT service.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Vuclip, PCCW, Tan Sri Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa, Jeremy Kung, Nickhil Jakatdar, Janice Lee, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, Mobile, OTT
PCCW expands Viu OTT service to Singapore
Jan 11, 2016 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) has announced the launch of Viu, its over-the-top (OTT) multi-screen video service, in Singapore. Following its launch in Hong Kong in October 2015, the Viu app had more than 500,000 downloads by the end of 2015.
News categories: PCCW, Janice Lee, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT, Singapore
PCCW Media launches Viu OTT video service
Oct 20, 2015 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) has announced its Viu Over-the-top (OTT) video service. On October 26, Viu will debut in Hong Kong and then progressively be rolled-out across Asia including India, and the Middle East.
News categories: PCCW, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Middle-East, OTT
PCCW's 'now TV' IPTV becomes available on PlayStation®3
Dec 24, 2009 – PCCW (SEHK:0008) has announced that they are to offer a new entertainment experience by making 'now TV' available on PlayStation®3 (PS3™).
News categories: PCCW, Sony Computer Entertainment, Digital TV, Gaming, Hong Kong, IPTV
Hanaro Successfully Achieves a Turnaround, Posting Net Income and Record-High Revenues for 2007
Feb 22, 2008 – hanaTV posted revenues of KRW 21 billion for 4Q07 and KRW 47 billion for the full year, and acquired 810,000 subscribers on a cumulative basis as of the end of 2007, strengthening the position as a leading player in IPTV.
News categories: Hanaro, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Results, Subscribers
Hanaro Records Net Income for Two Consecutive Quarters, Well Poised to Post a Turnaround for the Year 2007
Nov 6, 2007 – hanaTV revenues doubled QoQ to KRW 15.3 billion, and it has rolled out new value-added services including karaoke and launched customized advertising services after securing a sizable subscriber base of 500,000 in 3Q 2007.
News categories: Hanaro, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Results, Subscribers
hanarotelecom's 2Q net income turned positive in 2 years
Aug 7, 2007 – hanarotelecom has announced its results for the 2nd quarter of 2007. The number of hanaTV subscribers exceeded 500,000 and hanaTV revenues recorded KRW 7.7 billion in the 2nd quarter, more than double the revenues of the previous quarter.
News categories: Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Results, Subscribers
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5