Digital TV News: Joanna Wright
Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
Oct 26, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, the Spanish video market has witnessed a polarisation of fortunes in 2020. While many segments have been heavily impacted, others have seen their audiences expand.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Joanna Wright, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Spain
Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
Jul 31, 2020 – Mexico’s video entertainment market is expected to recover from the impact of COVID-19, with digital video leading the charge and showing strong prospects for growth in 2021, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Joanna Wright, Digital TV, Market Research, Mexico
SVoD saturation set to exceed pay TV saturation in Australia
Nov 22, 2018 – Consumer spend on video entertainment in Australia is expected to grow 3% in 2019 to AU $5.3 billion, according to the latest video entertainment report from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Joanna Wright, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Five developing markets offer opportunity for Netflix
Sep 25, 2015 – As Netflix continues on its quest for global coverage, where are the next wave of opportunities for the service provider? Recent research from Futuresource Consulting identifies five key developing markets which present significant opportunity for Netflix and the wider digital video landscape.
News categories: Futuresource, Joanna Wright, Tristan Veale, Michael Boreham, David Sidebottom, China, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Poland, Russia, Subscribers, Turkey
Japan's digital video market achieves 31% growth
Jan 30, 2015 – Digital video has struggled to take hold in Japan, but is beginning to gain traction, achieving 31% growth in 2014 to reach ¥81 billion ($670 million), according to research from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Joanna Wright, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research
French video & TV entertainment spend to reach €7.9B by 2018
May 15, 2014 – Overall TV and video entertainment spend in France is expected to reach €7.9 billion by 2018, averaging 1% annual growth between 2014 and 2018, according to the latest research from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource, Joanna Wright, Cable TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Mexico pay TV penetration expected to reach 75% by 2018
Apr 24, 2014 – Overall consumer spend on video and TV entertainment in Mexico grew by 9% in 2013 to reach USD$4.2 billion and is forecast to reach USD$4.5 billion in 2014, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource, Joanna Wright, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mexico, Satellite, Subscribers
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering