Digital TV News: Joanna Wright
Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
Jul 31, 2020 – Mexico’s video entertainment market is expected to recover from the impact of COVID-19, with digital video leading the charge and showing strong prospects for growth in 2021, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Joanna Wright, Digital TV, Market Research, Mexico
SVoD saturation set to exceed pay TV saturation in Australia
Nov 22, 2018 – Consumer spend on video entertainment in Australia is expected to grow 3% in 2019 to AU $5.3 billion, according to the latest video entertainment report from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Joanna Wright, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Five developing markets offer opportunity for Netflix
Sep 25, 2015 – As Netflix continues on its quest for global coverage, where are the next wave of opportunities for the service provider? Recent research from Futuresource Consulting identifies five key developing markets which present significant opportunity for Netflix and the wider digital video landscape.
News categories: Futuresource, Joanna Wright, Tristan Veale, Michael Boreham, David Sidebottom, China, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Poland, Russia, Subscribers, Turkey
Japan's digital video market achieves 31% growth
Jan 30, 2015 – Digital video has struggled to take hold in Japan, but is beginning to gain traction, achieving 31% growth in 2014 to reach ¥81 billion ($670 million), according to research from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Joanna Wright, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research
French video & TV entertainment spend to reach €7.9B by 2018
May 15, 2014 – Overall TV and video entertainment spend in France is expected to reach €7.9 billion by 2018, averaging 1% annual growth between 2014 and 2018, according to the latest research from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource, Joanna Wright, Cable TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Mexico pay TV penetration expected to reach 75% by 2018
Apr 24, 2014 – Overall consumer spend on video and TV entertainment in Mexico grew by 9% in 2013 to reach USD$4.2 billion and is forecast to reach USD$4.5 billion in 2014, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource, Joanna Wright, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mexico, Satellite, Subscribers
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K