Digital TV News: John Chambers
Technicolor to acquire Cisco connected devices division
Jul 23, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has entered into an exclusive agreement with Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) to acquire its customer premises equipment (CPE) business for €550 million (or $600 million equivalent) in a cash and stock transaction.
News categories: Technicolor, Cisco Systems, Frederic Rose, John Chambers, Cable TV, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cisco and Proximus renew strategic partnership
Jan 8, 2015 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and Belgium's Proximus have announced that they have defined three areas for growth: next-generation video delivery for consumers, smart city services for government organizations and service orchestration for B2B customers.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Proximus, John Chambers, Dominique Leroy, Belgium, CES2021, Content Distribution, IPTV
Cisco to supply Charter with cloud-based security and 'Worldbox' STBs
Jan 7, 2015 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) have announced that the two companies have entered into a strategic agreement through which Cisco will supply key products in support of Charter's next-generation video patform.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Charter Communications, John Chambers, Tom Rutledge, Cable TV, CES2021, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Set Top Box, USA
Cisco Wins Big in India as Chinese Set-top Box Manufacturers Surge
Feb 19, 2013 – Cisco Systems won significant standard definition (SD) set-top box business in India in the quarter ending January 26, 2013. Cisco shipped 1.3 million boxes in the fourth quarter compared with 850K in the third quarter, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire NDS
Mar 15, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced its intent to acquire NDS. The acquisition will complement and accelerate the delivery of Videoscape™, Cisco's platform that enables service providers and media companies to deliver next-generation entertainment experiences.
News categories: Cisco Systems, NDS Group, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Satellite, Set Top Box
Cisco to Demonstrate 'Visual Networking' Experiences at 2008 International CES
Jan 3, 2008 – Cisco® has announced it will feature new consumer products and innovative prototypes at the 2008 International CES. The featured demonstrations highlight new visual networking experiences that combine streaming digital video technology and social networking applications.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Broadband, Cable TV, CES2021, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding