Digital TV News: John Chambers
Technicolor to acquire Cisco connected devices division
Jul 23, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has entered into an exclusive agreement with Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) to acquire its customer premises equipment (CPE) business for €550 million (or $600 million equivalent) in a cash and stock transaction.
News categories: Technicolor, Cisco Systems, Frederic Rose, John Chambers, Cable TV, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cisco and Proximus renew strategic partnership
Jan 8, 2015 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and Belgium's Proximus have announced that they have defined three areas for growth: next-generation video delivery for consumers, smart city services for government organizations and service orchestration for B2B customers.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Proximus, John Chambers, Dominique Leroy, Belgium, CES2021, Content Distribution, IPTV
Cisco to supply Charter with cloud-based security and 'Worldbox' STBs
Jan 7, 2015 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) have announced that the two companies have entered into a strategic agreement through which Cisco will supply key products in support of Charter's next-generation video patform.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Charter Communications, John Chambers, Tom Rutledge, Cable TV, CES2021, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Set Top Box, USA
Cisco Wins Big in India as Chinese Set-top Box Manufacturers Surge
Feb 19, 2013 – Cisco Systems won significant standard definition (SD) set-top box business in India in the quarter ending January 26, 2013. Cisco shipped 1.3 million boxes in the fourth quarter compared with 850K in the third quarter, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire NDS
Mar 15, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced its intent to acquire NDS. The acquisition will complement and accelerate the delivery of Videoscape™, Cisco's platform that enables service providers and media companies to deliver next-generation entertainment experiences.
News categories: Cisco Systems, NDS Group, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Satellite, Set Top Box
Cisco to Demonstrate 'Visual Networking' Experiences at 2008 International CES
Jan 3, 2008 – Cisco® has announced it will feature new consumer products and innovative prototypes at the 2008 International CES. The featured demonstrations highlight new visual networking experiences that combine streaming digital video technology and social networking applications.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Broadband, Cable TV, CES2021, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service