Digital TV News: John Chambers
Technicolor to acquire Cisco connected devices division
Jul 23, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has entered into an exclusive agreement with Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) to acquire its customer premises equipment (CPE) business for €550 million (or $600 million equivalent) in a cash and stock transaction.
News categories: Technicolor, Cisco Systems, Frederic Rose, John Chambers, Cable TV, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, MandA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cisco and Proximus renew strategic partnership
Jan 8, 2015 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and Belgium's Proximus have announced that they have defined three areas for growth: next-generation video delivery for consumers, smart city services for government organizations and service orchestration for B2B customers.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Proximus, John Chambers, Dominique Leroy, Belgium, CES2023, Content Distribution, IPTV
Cisco to supply Charter with cloud-based security and 'Worldbox' STBs
Jan 7, 2015 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) have announced that the two companies have entered into a strategic agreement through which Cisco will supply key products in support of Charter's next-generation video patform.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Charter Communications, John Chambers, Tom Rutledge, Cable TV, CES2023, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Set Top Box, USA
Cisco Wins Big in India as Chinese Set-top Box Manufacturers Surge
Feb 19, 2013 – Cisco Systems won significant standard definition (SD) set-top box business in India in the quarter ending January 26, 2013. Cisco shipped 1.3 million boxes in the fourth quarter compared with 850K in the third quarter, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire NDS
Mar 15, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced its intent to acquire NDS. The acquisition will complement and accelerate the delivery of Videoscape™, Cisco's platform that enables service providers and media companies to deliver next-generation entertainment experiences.
News categories: Cisco Systems, NDS Group, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Cisco to Demonstrate 'Visual Networking' Experiences at 2008 International CES
Jan 3, 2008 – Cisco® has announced it will feature new consumer products and innovative prototypes at the 2008 International CES. The featured demonstrations highlight new visual networking experiences that combine streaming digital video technology and social networking applications.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Broadband, Cable TV, CES2023, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
- Hrvatski Telekom initiates Iskon integration
- PROEN deploys Qwilt and Cisco CDN solution in Thailand
- Akta powers AVOD, SVOD, Live Streaming and FAST for ViX
- Nielsen integrates measurement for Netflix's ad-supported plan
- CommScope to sell Home Networks business to Vantiva
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia