Digital TV News: John Pomeroy
ViXS launches USB DTT SoC and TV stick for mobile devices
Jan 4, 2016 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced its XCode 5505 chipset and CordCutterTV stick solution for Over-the-Air (OTA) streaming to mobile video devices. The XCode 5505, available now, is the engine for the CordCutterTV stick which will be available in Q1 2016.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
ViXS announces 2nd generation Golden Reference Decoder for broadcast
Apr 8, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced the availability of the industry's next generation Ultra HD 4K HEVC Golden Reference Decoder (GRD2) tool, critical to the testing, validating, debugging and deploying of UHD 4K content for the broadcast industry.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, NABShow, QoE, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS launches UHD HEVC 4K Golden Reference Decoder Tool
Apr 21, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced the availability of a Ultra High Definition (UHD) 4K Golden Reference Decoder tool to test, validate, and debug 4K UHD content and deployment plans for the broadcast industry.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, QoE, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS launches world's first UltraHD 4Kp60 10-bit professional decoder
Apr 1, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced the availability of XCodePro 330 and XCodePro 320 a pair of professional decoder products aimed at infrastructure markets.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, ICs, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS announces world's first 10-bit Ultra HD 4K and HEVC transcoder chip
Apr 5, 2013 – ViXS Systems has announced its XCode Pro 350, the world's first silicon solution for transcoding 10-bit HEVC content to MPEG-2 and MPEG-4, enabling the media industry to save bandwidth for distributing existing content formats as well as the next-generation Ultra HD at 4K resolution.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ICs, NABShow, Semiconductor, TV Services
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product