Digital TV News: John Pomeroy
ViXS launches USB DTT SoC and TV stick for mobile devices
Jan 4, 2016 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced its XCode 5505 chipset and CordCutterTV stick solution for Over-the-Air (OTA) streaming to mobile video devices. The XCode 5505, available now, is the engine for the CordCutterTV stick which will be available in Q1 2016.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
ViXS announces 2nd generation Golden Reference Decoder for broadcast
Apr 8, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced the availability of the industry's next generation Ultra HD 4K HEVC Golden Reference Decoder (GRD2) tool, critical to the testing, validating, debugging and deploying of UHD 4K content for the broadcast industry.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, NABShow, QoE, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS launches UHD HEVC 4K Golden Reference Decoder Tool
Apr 21, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced the availability of a Ultra High Definition (UHD) 4K Golden Reference Decoder tool to test, validate, and debug 4K UHD content and deployment plans for the broadcast industry.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, QoE, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS launches world's first UltraHD 4Kp60 10-bit professional decoder
Apr 1, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced the availability of XCodePro 330 and XCodePro 320 a pair of professional decoder products aimed at infrastructure markets.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, ICs, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS announces world's first 10-bit Ultra HD 4K and HEVC transcoder chip
Apr 5, 2013 – ViXS Systems has announced its XCode Pro 350, the world's first silicon solution for transcoding 10-bit HEVC content to MPEG-2 and MPEG-4, enabling the media industry to save bandwidth for distributing existing content formats as well as the next-generation Ultra HD at 4K resolution.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ICs, NABShow, Semiconductor, TV Services
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service