Digital TV News: John Pomeroy
ViXS launches USB DTT SoC and TV stick for mobile devices
Jan 4, 2016 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced its XCode 5505 chipset and CordCutterTV stick solution for Over-the-Air (OTA) streaming to mobile video devices. The XCode 5505, available now, is the engine for the CordCutterTV stick which will be available in Q1 2016.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
ViXS announces 2nd generation Golden Reference Decoder for broadcast
Apr 8, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced the availability of the industry's next generation Ultra HD 4K HEVC Golden Reference Decoder (GRD2) tool, critical to the testing, validating, debugging and deploying of UHD 4K content for the broadcast industry.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, NABShow, QoE, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS launches UHD HEVC 4K Golden Reference Decoder Tool
Apr 21, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced the availability of a Ultra High Definition (UHD) 4K Golden Reference Decoder tool to test, validate, and debug 4K UHD content and deployment plans for the broadcast industry.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, QoE, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS launches world's first UltraHD 4Kp60 10-bit professional decoder
Apr 1, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced the availability of XCodePro 330 and XCodePro 320 a pair of professional decoder products aimed at infrastructure markets.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, ICs, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS announces world's first 10-bit Ultra HD 4K and HEVC transcoder chip
Apr 5, 2013 – ViXS Systems has announced its XCode Pro 350, the world's first silicon solution for transcoding 10-bit HEVC content to MPEG-2 and MPEG-4, enabling the media industry to save bandwidth for distributing existing content formats as well as the next-generation Ultra HD at 4K resolution.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ICs, NABShow, Semiconductor, TV Services
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management