Digital TV News: KET
CommScope to sell Home Networks business to Vantiva
Oct 3, 2023 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has announced plans to sell its Home Networks Business to Vantiva (Paris: VANTI). The transaction is expected to be completed in Q4 2023.
News categories: CommScope, Vantiva, Chuck Treadway, Luis Martinez-Amago, CPE, Digital TV, MandA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
Sep 28, 2023 – AMC Networks has begun the rollout of an ad-supported version of its AMC+ streaming service. Priced at $4.99 per month, the ad-supported version has an ad load of less than five minutes per hour.
News categories: AMC Networks, Kim Kelleher, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
Sep 28, 2023 – Xumo has teamed up with Best Buy to launch Pioneer Xumo TVs. The TVs feature universal voice search, and a user interface that enables consumers to browse content across all their streaming apps.
News categories: Xumo, Best Buy, Stephanie Cassi, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
Sep 27, 2023 – DIAGNAL has extended its partnership with Lounges.tv, developing Lounges.tv's interactive streaming platform for content creators, and collaborating with partners to deploy the solution.
News categories: DIAGNAL, Lounges.tv, Reuben Verghes, Craig Gardner, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
Sep 28, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, global FAST revenues will reach $17 billion in 2029, up from $8 billion in 2023. The US will contribute 38% to the 2029 total, down from 56% in 2023.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
Sep 27, 2023 – Videotex has become one of India's largest manufacturers of webOS Hub TVs, with a market share of over 85%. The brand has an over 50% market share in the smart TV ODM space.
News categories: Videotex, Arjun Bajaj, Digital TV, India, Results, Smart TV, TV OS
ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
Sep 27, 2023 – Nearly half (46%) of viewers do not believe they are getting good value from major streaming services, with nearly a fifth (19%) saying they could do better, according to a survey by Bitcentral's ViewNexa.
News categories: Bitcentral, Greg Morrow, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
Sep 26, 2023 – Cignal TV has expanded its use of Quickplay's cloud-native OTT platform with the launch of Pilipinas Live, the first and only international OTT app dedicated to Pinoy sports.
News categories: Quickplay, Cignal TV, Goutham Vinjamuri, Jane Basas, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming, Worldwide
Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
Sep 26, 2023 – Ateme has announced that it was behind the video and immersive audio experiences delivered in 17 languages by Viacom18 Media during the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023.
News categories: Ateme, Viacom18 Media, Jibu Mathew, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
- Hrvatski Telekom initiates Iskon integration
- PROEN deploys Qwilt and Cisco CDN solution in Thailand
- Akta powers AVOD, SVOD, Live Streaming and FAST for ViX
- Nielsen integrates measurement for Netflix's ad-supported plan
- CommScope to sell Home Networks business to Vantiva
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia