Digital TV News: Kast
PallyCon forensic watermarking added to Akamai ecosystem
May 26, 2020 – PallyCon has teamed up with Akamai to secure streaming video content against piracy and illegal distribution. Akamai has developed a comprehensive security ecosystem through its Technology Partner Program.
News categories: INKA Entworks, Akamai, PallyCon, Govindraj Basatwar, Amit Kasturia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
NAGRA launches NexGuard forensic watermarking on Akamai edge network
Apr 20, 2020 – NexGuard Streaming watermarking for OTT from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has been integrated with Akamai. The integrated solution uses Akamai’s edge platform to bring an added level of anti-piracy enforcement and revenue protection to rights holders and content owners.
News categories: NAGRA, Akamai, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Amit Kasturia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
Apr 6, 2020 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced a partnership with Akamai to offer server-side watermarking. With the Verimatrix integration, Akamai customers can ensure that their premium video content stays protected.
News categories: Verimatrix, Akamai, Asaf Ashkenazi, Amit Kasturia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Sky Deutschland selects Witbe for Ultra HD/4K STB video analysis
Sep 6, 2018 – Witbe has been selected by Sky Deutschland to automate the analysis and testing of their Sky set-top-boxes. Witbe Robots will support Sky to provide the best video Quality of Experience to its customers.
News categories: Witbe, Sky Deutschland, Marie-Véronique Lacaze, Stefan Kastl, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2022, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box
Bridge Alliance partners with Ericsson for CDN deployment across APAC
Apr 24, 2017 – Bridge Alliance members and Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) are partnering to deploy Ericsson's Unified Delivery Network (UDN) across 12 countries in the Asia Pacific region. UDN is a global content delivery network (CDN).
News categories: Ericsson, Bridge Alliance, Diomedes Kastanis, Eileen Tan, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile
Ericsson launches 'OTT Cloud Connect' service for mobile operators
Feb 22, 2016 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced the launch of OTT Cloud Connect (OCC), a cloud service that allows mobile operators to offer OTT services from multiple providers. Google as one of the first partners for the platform.
News categories: Ericsson, YouTube, Diomedes Kastanis, Jay Akkad, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC22, Streaming, Worldwide
Sky Deutschland to show first live HD 3D production in Germany
Mar 4, 2010 – Sky Deutschland (XETRA: SKYD.DE) is to show an HD production in 3D for the first time in Germany. On 14 March, the Bundesliga top match between Bayer Leverkusen and Hamburger SV will be produced in 3D and will be shown to a select number of viewers in Munich.
News categories: Sky Deutschland, Digital TV, Germany, Metaverse, Satellite
Sweden consults on terrestrial HDTV and DVB-T2
Jan 29, 2010 – The Swedish Radio and TV Authority (RTVV) has published a draft strategy for the development of broadcasting on its terrestrial network, proposing the introduction of HDTV and DVB-T2 and the continued migration to MPEG-4 compression.
News categories: RTVV, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Regulation, Sweden, Terrestrial
ADB And Grundig Enable The Launch Of First Norwegian Push-VOD Offering By RiksTV
Oct 30, 2008 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SWX:ADBN) has announced that it will supply its DVB-T PVR platform to the Norwegian market under its agreement with Grundig. The DTR 8860 VOD is the first-to-market to fully support RiksTV's push-VOD service.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Grundig, RiksTV, Osmosys, Digital TV, DVR, Norway, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022