Digital TV News: Larry Robinson
ARRIS and TDS Telecom to deploy Android TV STB
Jul 29, 2019 – ARRIS and TDS Telecom have announced plans to deploy an Android TV set-top for the TDS Cloud TV Platform called TDS TV+. TDS plans to launch the cloud-based, IP video delivered solution later this year, beginning in its cable footprint in central Oregon.
News categories: ARRIS, TDS Telecom, Larry Robinson, Ken Paker, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
RDK development platform combines ARRIS STB and Metrological App Store
Apr 8, 2019 – ARRIS has announced the availability of the RDK Lab Accelerator. The Accelerator is based on the ARRIS VIP5202W UHD IP set-top and provides the RDK community with a development platform that uses the latest RDK application framework and pre-integrated Metrological App Store.
News categories: CommScope, RDK Management, Metrological, Larry Robinson, Steve Heeb, Apps, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
ARRIS set-tops to power Bell Canada's MediaFirst deployment
Feb 13, 2018 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) is enabling Bell Canada to offer its Fibe TV customers an more rich and personalized TV experience via its set-top box support for Ericsson's MediaFirst personalized multiscreen, TV Everywhere, IPTV and pay TV system.
News categories: ARRIS International, Bell, Larry Robinson, Rizwan Jamal, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX
Altice strengthens partnership with ARRIS for video in the US and Europe
Sep 15, 2017 – Altice has expanded its partnership with ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deploy 4K HDR set-tops across its global footprint, in the US and Europe, starting in 2018. Altice-owned Portugal Telecom has selected ARRIS set-tops to deliver its MEO 4K TV service across Portugal.
News categories: ARRIS International, Altice, Larry Robinson, Bruno Zebib, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box
ARRIS debuts UHD HDR STBs with Android TV at IBC 2017
Sep 13, 2017 – At IBC, ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) will unveil a portfolio of UHD HDR set-tops with Android TV along with professional services to help simplify and accelerate the launch of Android-based TV services for operators around the world.
News categories: ARRIS International, Larry Robinson, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ARRIS introduces TiVo-based STBs in support of the NCTC VU-IT! Program
Jul 24, 2017 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced the availability of three STBs, based on the TiVo user experience, that support the NCTC VU-IT! Program. The NCTC VU-IT! Program is focused on enabling independent operators to deliver integrated OTT services alongside standard cable programming.
News categories: ARRIS International, TiVo, NCTC, Larry Robinson, Michael Hawkey, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
ARRIS Qi3 HD set-top gains security certifications
Jun 5, 2017 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that its Qi3 HD set-top, with support for industry-standard video decryption protocols, is one of the first devices in this class to achieve both CAL and iTASS certification.
News categories: ARRIS International, Larry Robinson, Cable TV, Set Top Box, USA
ARRIS to offer TiVo on its set-tops
May 4, 2015 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced a partnership to bring the TiVo experience to ARRIS customers by integrating TiVo software and cloud-based services with ARRIS set-top boxes.
News categories: TiVo Inc, ARRIS Group, Tom Elam, Larry Robinson, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
RDK adds DVB support for global operators
Feb 23, 2015 – RDK Management has announced that the Reference Design Kit (RDK) now provides additional support for the Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) standard that is widely used throughout Europe and other parts of the world.
News categories: RDK Management, ARRIS Group, Steve Heeb, Larry Robinson, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management