Digital TV News: Linux Foundation
Samsung announces Tizen OS Smart TV licensing partnerships
Oct 10, 2022 – Samsung has announced partnerships with ODM companies such as Atmaca, HKC and Tempo to enable non-Samsung TVs to use Tizen OS. TVs from Bauhn, Linsar, Sunny, Vispera and other brands will be available this year.
News categories: Samsung, Yongjae Kim, Australia, Digital TV, Italy, New Zealand, Smart TV, Spain, Turkey, TV OS, UK
AllSeen Alliance and Open Connectivity Foundation to merge
Oct 10, 2016 – The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn open source IoT framework, have announced that the two organizations are to merge.
News categories: Open Connectivity Foundation, AllSeen Alliance, Mike Richmond, Danny Lousberg, MandA, Smart Home, Worldwide
LiMo Foundation and Linux Foundation Announce New Open Source Software Platform, Tizen™
Sep 28, 2011 – LiMo Foundation™ and The Linux Foundation have announced a new open source project, Tizen™. Tizen is a software platform which supports multiple device categories including smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, netbooks and in-vehicle infotainment systems.
News categories: Linux Foundation, LiMo Foundation, Tizen, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Mobile, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
Amino showcases leading-edge MeeGo development work in Intel Developer Forum keynote
Sep 14, 2010 – Amino Communications (AIM: AMO) has highlighted its leading- edge development work with the MeeGo project and the Intel® Atom™ processor CE4100 in a keynote speech at Intel Developers Forum.
News categories: Amino, Intel Corp, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Intel Opens Software App Store, Offers New Intel Atom Chips
Sep 14, 2010 – At the Intel Developer Forum, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) outlined its forthcoming Intel® Atom™ processor CE4200, the next-generation CE SoC that enables 3-D-TV video, 'sync-and-go,' and power-saving capabilities for a 'smart TV' experience.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Telecom Italia and Intel announce collaboration for next-generation online TV and internet services
Mar 5, 2010 – Telecom Italia (Milan:TIT) and Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) have announced a collaboration to distribute next-generation online internet and TV services via the open source MeeGo software platform.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Italy, Middleware, Semiconductor, Streaming
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia