Digital TV News: Luke Bradley-Jones
Sky Q to get Voice Control this month
Oct 5, 2017 – Brand new features are coming to Sky Q, giving customers more control and personalisation. Sky Q customers will be able to enjoy features including enhanced Voice Control via the Sky Q touch remote, a personalised menu of favourite channels and an Ultra HD section in My Q.
News categories: Sky, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Sky Q introduces voice search and new personalisation features
Mar 22, 2017 – Sky Q has added voice search and new personalisation features, making it quicker and easier to get to movies, shows and sports. With voice search viewers find TV by pressing and holding the voice button on the Sky Q remote, and saying what they’re looking for.
News categories: BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Sky Q adds Split Screen viewing of two live streams side-by-side
Oct 5, 2016 – Sky Q has introduced new features making it easier for customers to catch up on their favourite sports and enjoy even more of the action. Sky Q customers can now choose Split Screen viewing to watch two live streams side-by-side.
News categories: BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Ireland, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Ultra HD launches on Sky Q
Jul 14, 2016 – Sky has announces the launch of the UK’s most comprehensive Ultra HD service on Sky Q Silver, available to customers from 13 August. Offering an unrivalled line up, viewers will be brought to the heart of the action in enhanced Ultra HD picture quality.
News categories: BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
TV From Sky app launches on Xbox One in the UK
Dec 8, 2015 – Sky’s TV streaming service, TV from Sky, has launched on Xbox One in the UK, which means customers can watch Sky shows via their Xbox One consoles. Sky TV customers taking advantage of Sky Go Extra or Sky Multiscreen will be able to watch Sky’s live and on demand content.
News categories: Sky, Xbox, Luke Bradley-Jones, Harvey Eagle, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Satellite, TV Everywhere, UK
Sky Go and NOW TV to join PlayStation 4 this summer
May 1, 2014 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) and Sony Computer Entertainment UK have struck an agreement to make Sky Go and NOW TV available on PlayStation®4 (PS4™). Customers will be able to watch NOW TV on the PS4 from this summer with Sky Go becoming available later this year.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Gidon Katz, Fergal Gara, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, UK
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand