Digital TV News: Luke Bradley-Jones
Sky Q to get Voice Control this month
Oct 5, 2017 – Brand new features are coming to Sky Q, giving customers more control and personalisation. Sky Q customers will be able to enjoy features including enhanced Voice Control via the Sky Q touch remote, a personalised menu of favourite channels and an Ultra HD section in My Q.
News categories: Sky, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Sky Q introduces voice search and new personalisation features
Mar 22, 2017 – Sky Q has added voice search and new personalisation features, making it quicker and easier to get to movies, shows and sports. With voice search viewers find TV by pressing and holding the voice button on the Sky Q remote, and saying what they’re looking for.
News categories: BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Sky Q adds Split Screen viewing of two live streams side-by-side
Oct 5, 2016 – Sky Q has introduced new features making it easier for customers to catch up on their favourite sports and enjoy even more of the action. Sky Q customers can now choose Split Screen viewing to watch two live streams side-by-side.
News categories: BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Ireland, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Ultra HD launches on Sky Q
Jul 14, 2016 – Sky has announces the launch of the UK’s most comprehensive Ultra HD service on Sky Q Silver, available to customers from 13 August. Offering an unrivalled line up, viewers will be brought to the heart of the action in enhanced Ultra HD picture quality.
News categories: BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
TV From Sky app launches on Xbox One in the UK
Dec 8, 2015 – Sky’s TV streaming service, TV from Sky, has launched on Xbox One in the UK, which means customers can watch Sky shows via their Xbox One consoles. Sky TV customers taking advantage of Sky Go Extra or Sky Multiscreen will be able to watch Sky’s live and on demand content.
News categories: Sky, Xbox, Luke Bradley-Jones, Harvey Eagle, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Satellite, TV Everywhere, UK
Sky Go and NOW TV to join PlayStation 4 this summer
May 1, 2014 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) and Sony Computer Entertainment UK have struck an agreement to make Sky Go and NOW TV available on PlayStation®4 (PS4™). Customers will be able to watch NOW TV on the PS4 from this summer with Sky Go becoming available later this year.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Gidon Katz, Fergal Gara, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, UK
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution