Digital TV News: Luke Bradley-Jones
Sky Q to get Voice Control this month
Oct 5, 2017 – Brand new features are coming to Sky Q, giving customers more control and personalisation. Sky Q customers will be able to enjoy features including enhanced Voice Control via the Sky Q touch remote, a personalised menu of favourite channels and an Ultra HD section in My Q.
News categories: Sky, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Sky Q introduces voice search and new personalisation features
Mar 22, 2017 – Sky Q has added voice search and new personalisation features, making it quicker and easier to get to movies, shows and sports. With voice search viewers find TV by pressing and holding the voice button on the Sky Q remote, and saying what they’re looking for.
News categories: BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Sky Q adds Split Screen viewing of two live streams side-by-side
Oct 5, 2016 – Sky Q has introduced new features making it easier for customers to catch up on their favourite sports and enjoy even more of the action. Sky Q customers can now choose Split Screen viewing to watch two live streams side-by-side.
News categories: BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Ireland, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Ultra HD launches on Sky Q
Jul 14, 2016 – Sky has announces the launch of the UK’s most comprehensive Ultra HD service on Sky Q Silver, available to customers from 13 August. Offering an unrivalled line up, viewers will be brought to the heart of the action in enhanced Ultra HD picture quality.
News categories: BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
TV From Sky app launches on Xbox One in the UK
Dec 8, 2015 – Sky’s TV streaming service, TV from Sky, has launched on Xbox One in the UK, which means customers can watch Sky shows via their Xbox One consoles. Sky TV customers taking advantage of Sky Go Extra or Sky Multiscreen will be able to watch Sky’s live and on demand content.
News categories: Sky, Xbox, Luke Bradley-Jones, Harvey Eagle, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Satellite, TV Everywhere, UK
Sky Go and NOW TV to join PlayStation 4 this summer
May 1, 2014 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) and Sony Computer Entertainment UK have struck an agreement to make Sky Go and NOW TV available on PlayStation®4 (PS4™). Customers will be able to watch NOW TV on the PS4 from this summer with Sky Go becoming available later this year.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Gidon Katz, Fergal Gara, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, UK
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers