Digital TV News: Luke Bradley-Jones
Sky Q to get Voice Control this month
Oct 5, 2017 – Brand new features are coming to Sky Q, giving customers more control and personalisation. Sky Q customers will be able to enjoy features including enhanced Voice Control via the Sky Q touch remote, a personalised menu of favourite channels and an Ultra HD section in My Q.
News categories: Sky, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Sky Q introduces voice search and new personalisation features
Mar 22, 2017 – Sky Q has added voice search and new personalisation features, making it quicker and easier to get to movies, shows and sports. With voice search viewers find TV by pressing and holding the voice button on the Sky Q remote, and saying what they’re looking for.
News categories: BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Sky Q adds Split Screen viewing of two live streams side-by-side
Oct 5, 2016 – Sky Q has introduced new features making it easier for customers to catch up on their favourite sports and enjoy even more of the action. Sky Q customers can now choose Split Screen viewing to watch two live streams side-by-side.
News categories: BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Ireland, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Ultra HD launches on Sky Q
Jul 14, 2016 – Sky has announces the launch of the UK’s most comprehensive Ultra HD service on Sky Q Silver, available to customers from 13 August. Offering an unrivalled line up, viewers will be brought to the heart of the action in enhanced Ultra HD picture quality.
News categories: BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
TV From Sky app launches on Xbox One in the UK
Dec 8, 2015 – Sky’s TV streaming service, TV from Sky, has launched on Xbox One in the UK, which means customers can watch Sky shows via their Xbox One consoles. Sky TV customers taking advantage of Sky Go Extra or Sky Multiscreen will be able to watch Sky’s live and on demand content.
News categories: Sky, Xbox, Luke Bradley-Jones, Harvey Eagle, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Satellite, TV Everywhere, UK
Sky Go and NOW TV to join PlayStation 4 this summer
May 1, 2014 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) and Sony Computer Entertainment UK have struck an agreement to make Sky Go and NOW TV available on PlayStation®4 (PS4™). Customers will be able to watch NOW TV on the PS4 from this summer with Sky Go becoming available later this year.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Gidon Katz, Fergal Gara, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, UK
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia