Digital TV News: MCTV
HBO Max launched in the U.S.
May 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia’s streaming platform, HBO Max, has officially launched. The launch is the culmination of efforts to bring the best of WarnerMedia together to launch the new offering, following AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Bob Greenblatt, Digital TV, OTT, USA
WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
May 20, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that the latest companies to sign on to distribute HBO Max at launch include Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Verizon.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rich Warren, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Games Console, IPTV, OTT, USA
Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
Apr 16, 2019 – Espial (TSE: ESP) has announced that they have certified several Amazon Alexa voice controls on Elevate-based IPTV, app-TV and cable services. Amazon did a bulk certification, enabling operators to move rapidly through the process.
News categories: Espial, Michael McCluskey, Travis Kohlrus, Noah Popejoy, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Smart Home, Worldwide
Ohio's MCTV offers Netflix access via its FUSION STB
Dec 7, 2017 – MCTV, a broadband, TV and phone provider in Northeast Ohio, has announced the integration of Netflix on its FUSION Multi-Room HD-DVR platform. The integration allows customers to watch Netflix directly from their FUSION box.
News categories: MCTV, Netflix, Espial, Robert Gessner, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
MCTV launches IPTV services with Espial
Oct 17, 2017 – Espial has announced that MCTV (formerly Massillon Cable TV), a service provider delivering TV services to five counties in northeast Ohio, has launched a next-generation IPTV service with the Espial Elevate software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform.
News categories: Espial, MCTV, Matt James, Robert Gessner, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SCTE•ISBE, USA
MCTV selects Amino TV devices and service assurance platform
May 31, 2016 – Amino Communications has secured a contract to provide TV devices and its Engage service assurance software to Ohio-based North American service provider MCTV.
News categories: Amino Communications, MCTV, Donald McGarva, Bob Gessner, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Barbados' Multi-Choice TV Selects Conax for Secure Roll-Out of Digital TV Services
Jan 26, 2012 – Conax has announced that it has been chosen by Multi-Choice TV of Barbados to secure their roll out of digital TV services. In addition to the new Multi-Choice TV contract, Conax has secured 2 new contracts in the region in the last few months.
News categories: Conax, Caribbean Broadcasting Corporation, Barbados, Caribbean, Content Protection, Digital TV, MMDS
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region