Digital TV News: Magnite
Frndly TV selects Magnite to monetize CTV inventory
Nov 16, 2021 – Frndly TV has selected Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) as its ad server and primary SSP in a bid to grow its ad-supported revenue streams. The announcement comes as the vMVPD continues to expand its offerings following consistent month over month growth.
News categories: Magnite, Frndly TV, Ryan Kenney, Steve Sklar, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
Oct 25, 2021 – Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI) has unveiled research, carried out across the UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy, showing that 78% of European audiences watch CTV, making it an essential element of TV planning for advertisers.
News categories: Magnite, Edward Wale, Advertising, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Spain, Streaming, UK
discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
Oct 12, 2021 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced that discovery+ will launch in Canada on October 19. The service is available at Can$4.99 (~USD$4) per month, with an ad-free version for Can$6.99 monthly.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Corus Entertainment, JB Perrette, Doug Murphy, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
Sep 23, 2021 – IRIS.TV and SpringServe have announced that they are working together to enable video-level contextual targeting for CTV through SpringServe's platform for ad inventory management.
News categories: IRIS.TV, SpringServe, Field Garthwaite, Joe Hirsch, Mike Richter, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
QTT launches linear TV ad marketplace
Aug 24, 2021 – QTT has launched QTT Marketplace, an open-platform destination for advertisers and agencies accustomed to digital platforms to directly access premium, curated local and national television inventory.
News categories: Viamedia, John Piccone, Ethan Heftman, Dan Callahan, Bill Rosolie, Eric Fischer, Todd Randak, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
Jul 26, 2021 – Magnite has begun a collaboration with NetMovies that allows Magnite to manage the placement of ads within the entire catalog of ad-supported independent films, series and videos offered by NetMovies.
News categories: Magnite, NetMovies, Rafael Pallarés, Marcelo Spinasse Nunes, Advertising, Brazil, Digital TV, Streaming
Magnite acquires CTV ad serving platform SpringServe
Jul 1, 2021 – Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) has acquired SpringServe. SpringServe's technology manages multiple aspects of video advertising for CTV publishers such as inventory routing, customized ad experiences, and advanced podding logic.
News categories: Magnite, SpringServe, Michael Barrett, Joseph Hirsch, Christo Owen, Brian Hunt, Travis Hockersmith, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
Magnite and tvScientific launch performance CTV program
Jun 9, 2021 – Magnite and tvScientific have announced a program to connect CTV publishers with a new class of TV buyers, digital-first performance marketers that have not traditionally engaged in CTV advertising.
News categories: Magnite, tvScientific, Todd Randak, Jason Fairchild, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
HUMAN discovers and disrupts CTV ad fraud botnet
Apr 21, 2021 – HUMAN has discovered a CTV ad fraud botnet consisting of nearly a million infected mobile Android devices pretending to be millions of people watching ads on smart TVs and other devices.
News categories: HUMAN, Tamer Hassan, Michael McNally, Per Bjorke, Willard Simmons, Advertising, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK