Digital TV News: Matthew Huntington
HbbTV Association to develop operator application specification
Apr 7, 2016 – The HbbTV Association has announced that it will create a specification for operator applications, based on the existing HbbTV 2.0 specification. An 'operator application' is an application offered by a TV service provider that runs on a TV or a Set Top Box.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Freesat, Klaus Illgner, Matthew Huntington, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Freesat licenses TVbeat TV audience analytics
Mar 17, 2016 – Freesat has announced that it is working with TVbeat, a real-time cross-screen TV audience attribution company, to gain insights into how its customers are using the connected TV service.
News categories: Freesat, TVbeat, Matthew Huntington, Laurence Miall d'Aout, Advertising, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
UK's Freesat announces technology partnership with LG
Sep 21, 2015 – Freesat, the subscription free satellite TV service in the UK, and LG have announced a strategic partnership to provide the Freesat service on LG’s new and existing satellite enabled smart TVs.
News categories: Freesat, LG Electronics, Matthew Huntington, Andy Mackay, Digital TV, Satellite, Smart TV, UK
FreeTV Alliance releases common Remote Control Specification
Mar 23, 2015 – The FreeTV Alliance has announced the availability of the first of its suite of technical specifications. The Remote Control Specification provides a way for an operator's mobile application to control the viewing experience on the TV screen.
News categories: FreeTV Alliance, Freesat, Tivù, Alberto Sigismondi, Matthew Huntington, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Middleware, Satellite, UK
Freesat and SeaChange debut connected TV platform at IBC2014
Sep 12, 2014 – Freesat and SeaChange (Nasdaq:SEAC) have announced that they have partnered on a platform that integrates Freesat's Freetime electronic program guide (EPG) with the SeaChange Adrenalin multi-screen television platform.
News categories: SeaChange, Freesat, Matthew Huntington, Andrei Noppe, Digital TV, IBC, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
S3 Group unveils StormTest Warning Center
Aug 26, 2014 – S3 Group has introduced StormTest Warning Center as part of its end-to-end service validation portfolio. Warning Center is a cloud-based video service monitoring and validation platform designed to ensure peak performance of video services on devices across the entire network.
News categories: S3 Group, Irdeto, Freesat, John Maguire, Rory O'Connor, Matthew Huntington, Content Distribution, IBC, QoE, UK, Worldwide
'Freesat HD with freetime' box from Humax launches in UK
Sep 12, 2013 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has announced the launch of a new Freesat HD with freetime box. The freetime box is manufactured by Humax and will be available to buy from the 12th of September.
News categories: Humax, Freesat, Matthew Huntington, Graham North, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes