Digital TV News: Media Partners Asia
Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
Dec 5, 2022 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) estimates that 1.0 million net new subscribers will be added in Asia Pacific ex-China over 2022-27, driven by India and parts of South and SE Asia, partially offset by contraction in all other regions.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
Nov 22, 2022 – Vidio's live sports, Prime Video's SE Asia push and robust demand for Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar and Viu have contributed to a rebound across premium video subscribers and viewership in Q3 2022, according to MPA.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Dhivya T, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Asia Pacific online video revenue to grow to $73 billion by 2027
Jul 25, 2022 – Analysis released by Media Partners Asia (MPA) has indicated that total Asia Pacific online video industry revenue will grow by 16% year-on-year in 2022 to reach $49.2 billion. SVOD will contribute 50%; UGC AVOD, 37% and Premium AVOD, 13%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Cout, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Southeast Asia added 2.8 million SVOD subscriptions in Q1 2022
May 31, 2022 – Southeast Asia (SEA) added 2.8 million net new SVOD subscriptions in Q1 2022 to reach an aggregate customer base of 39.5 million total subs, according to analysis published by Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Video revenue in the GCC region to grow to $2.1bn by 2026
Feb 22, 2022 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) has announced that the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) video industry grew revenue by 11% Y/Y in 2021 to reach US$1.9 billion. SVOD contributed 23% to total revenue while AVOD contributed 26%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Aravind Venugopal, Myat Pan Phyu, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, TV Services
Airtel aggregates 15 Indian and global OTT services in one app
Feb 10, 2022 – Bharti Airtel has launched Airtel Xstream Premium, a video streaming service that aggregates content from 15 Indian and global video OTTs in one app with a single subscription, single sign-in, unified content search and AI driven personalized curation for each user.
News categories: Airtel, Adarsh Nair, Manish Aggarwal, Soumya Mukherjee, Ali Hussein, Apps, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Magnite expands CTV business in India with Samsung Ads
Feb 9, 2022 – Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) has announced that it has been selected by Samsung Ads to power programmatic OTT and CTV inventory for Samsung TV Plus in India. Magnite is already the SSP of choice for Samsung Ads in the US, EMEA and LATAM.
News categories: Magnite, Samsung, Gavin Buxton, Prabhvir Sahmey, Advertising, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, Streaming
Prime Video, TVer, AbemaTV and Netflix lead streaming market in Japan
Oct 4, 2021 – Premium video streaming in Japan reached 85 billion minutes during Jan- Aug 2021, or 13% of total time spent on video according to the first of a series of quarterly reports from Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, AMPD Research, Vivek Couto, Anthony Dobson, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
YouTube, Line TV and Yahoo TV lead online video consumption in Taiwan
Aug 30, 2021 – Streaming minutes in Taiwan measured across AVOD, SVOD and live streaming platforms increased to ~53 billion in Q2 2021, representing a ~2.3 billion net quarterly growth in minutes, according to Media Partners Asia.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Adrian Tong, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Taiwan
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023