Digital TV News: Messe Berlin
Hisense ranked global no. 2 for TV shipments for 3rd successive quarter
Aug 24, 2023 – Hisense shipped the second largest volume of TVs in the world in 2Q 2023, according to Omdia. This is the third consecutive financial quarter that Omdia has ranked Hisense second.
News categories: Hisense, Omdia, Digital TV, IFABerlin, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Health uncertainties force IFA Berlin 2021 cancellation
May 19, 2021 – IFA 2021 will not take place in September as a physical live event as originally planned. The organisers are now working to get everything ready for IFA 2022, a full-scale live event at the Berlin exhibition grounds.
News categories: Messe Berlin, gfu, Martin Ecknig, Kai Hillebrandt, Digital TV, Germany, IFABerlin, Worldwide
IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
May 19, 2020 – IFA has been given the go-ahead to take place in 2020 as a real-life event in Berlin. Taking place over just three days – from 3 to 5 September – the invite-only event will put strict limits on the number of attendees and focus on IFA’s four global core functions.
News categories: IFA Berlin, Jens Heithecker, COVID-19, Digital TV, Germany, IFABerlin
ARRIS extends growth with customer wins in APAC
Oct 23, 2018 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced two high-profile customer wins – Foxtel (Australia) and SK Broadband (Korea)– showcasing continued international momentum for its expanded portfolio.
News categories: ARRIS International, Foxtel, SK Broadband, Steve McCaffery, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite, Set Top Box
LG unveils world's largest Ultra HD OLED TV at IFA
Sep 6, 2013 – LG Electronics has unveiled the world's largest Ultra High Definition (or ULTRA HD) OLED TV at IFA. LG's 77-inch ULTRA HD CURVED OLED TV follows in the footsteps of the company's 55-inch CURVED OLED TV, which was introduced at CES in Las Vegas.
News categories: LG Electronics, IFABerlin, Smart TV
The First Brain Computer Interface Smart TV
Sep 2, 2011 – The world's first Brain-Computer Interface Technology (BCI) Smart TV will debut at IFA. Manufactured by Haier and Powered by NeuroSky ThinkGear technology, the Haier Cloud Smart TV offers the ability for users to interact with their TV using their brains.
News categories: Haier, NeuroSky, Digital TV, IFABerlin, Middleware, Smart TV
ViXS Demonstrates Latest Video Processing Solutions at IFA 2007
Aug 31, 2007 – ViXS Systems has announced that it will showcase its next-generation of video processor ICs and video processing technology at IFA 2007.
News categories: ViXS Systems, DVR, Gaming, IFABerlin, Semiconductor, Tablet
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC