Digital TV News: Mickael Raulet
Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
Sep 21, 2023 – Ateme has announced that its solution was used in the first U.S. transmission of a 5G signal over a licensed broadcast facility, in a proof of concept of 5G Broadcast to the FCC.
News categories: Ateme, Qualcomm, XGen Network, Mickaël Raulet, Lorenzo Casaccia, Frank Copsidas, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Ateme converges traditional television and gaming
Apr 6, 2023 – Ateme has launched its Virtual Lounge. The solution embeds multiple OTT players enabling the same sporting event to be viewed from different angles, bringing the streams into a gaming environment.
News categories: Ateme, Mickaël Raulet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gaming, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Ateme video-delivery solution validated on Red Hat Kubernetes platform
Feb 21, 2023 – Ateme's live video encoding and delivery suite, including its transcoders and NEA packaging, and CDN solutions, are now validated cloud-native network functions (CNFs) on the Red Hat OpenShift Kubernetes platform.
News categories: Ateme, Red Hat, Mickael Raulet, Honoré LaBourdette, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Worldwide
Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
Sep 30, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm have joined forces to unveil a full end-to-end live 5G Broadcast streaming demonstration at IMC 2022, showcasing the format's capabilities for the first time in India.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
Ateme helps Fórum SBTVD choose video coding system for TV 3.0 standard
Mar 10, 2022 – Ateme has announced that the Brazilian Terrestrial Television System Forum (Fórum SBTVD) used its TITAN Live solution to select VVC as the sole mandatory video coding system for the countries new TV 3.0 broadcasting standard.
News categories: Ateme, Fórum SBTVD, Mickael Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Ateme to show media delivery over 5G at MWC
Feb 17, 2022 – Ateme is to show its sustainable 5G media delivery solution at MWC22. The demo will include real use cases in streaming over 5G, showcasing the latest from NESTED 5G, a project that aims to develop a high QoE and sustainable video-streaming solution over 5G.
News categories: Ateme, Mickaël Raulet, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Worldwide
MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
Jan 17, 2022 – The SBTVD Forum has completed the technical evaluation phase of its TV 3.0 Project aimed at defining Bazil's next-generation TV platform. In the end, MPEG-H Audio was selected as the sole mandatory audio codec for the system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Ateme, SBTVD Forum, Adrian Murtaza, Mickaël Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
ATEME joins Akamai partner program
Oct 29, 2020 – ATEME has announced that it is joining the Media Technology Partner (MTP) program of Akamai. Being a partner demonstrates the integration and interoperability of ATEME’s video delivery solutions with Akamai’s media products.
News categories: ATEME, Akamai, Remi Beaudouin, Jon Alexander, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
ATEME and SES show live over-the-air UHD broadcast using VVC
Jun 9, 2020 – ATEME has partnered with SES, VideoLabs and IETR to show UHD satellite transmission using Versatile Video Coding (VVC). The test transmission carried a UHD (4K) video stream using the new standard.
News categories: ATEME, SES S.A., VideoLabs, IETR, Mickaël Raulet, Thomas Wrede, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Media Player, Satellite
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service