Digital TV News: Mike Fasulo
Sony announces BRAVIA TVs with 'Cognitive Processor XR'
Jan 7, 2021 – Sony has announced the world's first cognitive intelligence TVs. Powered by its Cognitive Processor XR, picture elements are adjusted to their best final outcome, so everything is synchronized and lifelike.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Mike Fasulo, Android TV, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Sony Electronics launches TVs with Netflix Calibrated Mode
Jul 31, 2018 – Sony has announced Netflix Calibrated Mode to ensure cinematic fidelity for the viewing experience on Netflix. Netflix Calibrated Mode delivers picture quality approaching that of a master monitor used for standard reference in motion picture production studios.
News categories: Netflix, Sony Electronics, Scott Mirer, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Pearl TV And Sony develop application environment for ATSC 3.0
Jan 5, 2018 – Pearl TV has announced a project with Sony to develop an on-screen TV program guide that will be responsive to consumer commands. The new channel navigation tool is part of the interactive content environment for ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Pearl TV, Mike Fasulo, Paul Hearty, Anne Schelle, Advertising, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, USA, UX
Google Assistant comes to Sony Android TVs
Nov 7, 2017 – Sony Electronics has announced that users with 2017 and select 2016 Sony 4K HDR televisions with Android TV can now use the Google Assistant to discover and access content, as well as control other smart home devices through their Sony TV.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Mike Fasulo, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX
Sony 2017 4K HDR Android TVs now compatible with Amazon Echo
Jul 13, 2017 – Sony Electronics has announced that Amazon Echo devices can now control 2017 Sony 4K HDR televisions with Android TV. With this update users can ask Alexa to perform basic TV functions such as controlling the TV power, volume, play/pause/stop/fast forward controls, switch inputs and change channels.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Amazon, Mike Fasulo, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX
PlayStation Vue available on Sony Android TVs
Oct 27, 2016 – Sony has announced that the Internet-based live TV service PlayStation Vue is now available on all Sony's premium Android TVs. PlayStation Vue allows consumers to watch their live TV, movies and sports content without a cable or satellite subscription.
News categories: Sony Electronics, PlayStation, Mike Fasulo, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Sony to launch 4K streaming service on April 4th
Mar 29, 2016 – Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced that the studio’s new 4K Ultra HD movie streaming service, ULTRA, will debut April 4, 2016 on new Sony 4K television models in the United States.
News categories: Sony Pictures, Sony Electronics, Jake Winett, Mike Fasulo, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media