Digital TV News: Minerva Networks
Minerva adds Dynamic Ad Insertion and FAST to its Cloud TV service
Jul 25, 2022 – Minerva Networks has updated its Cloud TV service with the addition of Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) and Free Ad Supported TV (FAST) capabilities, allowing operators to better monetize existing pay TV services and also offer a free TV offering.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Jean-George Fritsch, Randy Osborne, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming, USA
A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
Jan 12, 2022 – In December 2021, Coma Cose streamed an augmented reality concert to paying viewers. One thousand fans were also able to purchase a recording of the concert along with unique fragments packaged as NFTs and delivered via a Limited Edition Box.
News categories: Minerva, A-LIVE, Fabrizio Capobianco, Alex Braga, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
Apr 5, 2021 – Minerva Networks has announced the deployment of YourTV Now with Mahaska Communications Group (MCG). MCG provides Internet, television, and phone service to customers in Iowa cities.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Mahaska Communications Group, Matt Cuson, Steve Burnett, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
Nov 18, 2020 – Minerva Networks and SDMC have announced that they have completed the integration of an Android TV-based solution for pay-TV operators. Recent deployments include E-Networks of Guyana, Comteco in Bolivia, and Dhiraagu in the Maldives.
News categories: Minerva Networks, SDMC, Randy Osborne, Laurence Yan, Android TV, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Guyana, Set Top Box, The Maldives
Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
Sep 23, 2020 – Clearcable is expanding its Video Services business with the addition of the Minerva Networks IPTV platform. Clearcable powers operators in Canada with their data center and content distribution network offerings.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Clearcable, Randy Osborne, Paul Osmond, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
Aug 3, 2020 – Minerva Networks has announced that Skymedia in Mongolia is upgrading its pay TV platform to Minerva 10. The offering will provide discovery, navigation and consumption experiences on both legacy STBs and new devices.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Skymedia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mongolia, Set Top Box, UX
WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
Feb 6, 2020 – Minerva Networks and Com Net Inc (CNI) have approved WISI for customer installations within their cloud video service Minerva YourTV Now. WISI’s Inca ABR transcoder provides telco and cable operators with cost and space savings.
News categories: Com Net Inc, WISI, Minerva Networks, Randy Plaisier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Minerva to power Dhiraagu's TV services in the Maldives
Nov 21, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced that Dhiraagu will use the Minerva 10 platform to power its TV services in the Maldives. The Minerva platform brings improvements to the UX, adds new services and enables viewing on mobile and streaming media devices.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Dhiraagu, Marco Bonomi, Mahmoud Dasser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, The Maldives, UX
Minerva acquires Live TV social platform, TOK.tv
Sep 3, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced the acquisition of TOK.tv. TOK.tv, whose mission is to allow people to 'never watch sports alone', enables millions of soccer fans to enjoy their favorite games while interacting with friends.
News categories: Minerva Networks, TOK.tv, Mauro Bonomi, Fabrizio Capobianco, Digital TV, MandA, Social TV, Worldwide
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022