Digital TV News: Mustafa Ozgen
Roku TV no. 1 Smart TV OS in the U.S. and Canada
Jan 8, 2021 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that Roku OS was the No. 1 smart TV OS sold in the U.S. and Canada. Roku TV had 38% market share in the US and 31% in Canada, based on data from January 5 to December 26, 2020.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2022, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Fifteen Roku TV brands to launch in 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that 15 TV brands will launch Roku TV models in 2020. Brands include ATVIO, Element, Hisense, Hitachi, InFocus, JVC, Magnavox, onn., Philips, Polaroid, RCA, Sanyo, TCL and Westinghouse.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2022, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Sigma Designs to distribute reference designs with Frog by Wyplay pre-integrated
Jan 27, 2015 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced at CSTB that it is contributing the source code for the port of the Frog by Wyplay STB middleware on its SMP8758 4K UltraHD chipset and will distribute development boards with the Reference Implementation pre-loaded in binary.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Wyplay, Mustafa Ozgen, Jacques Bourgninaud, CSTB, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs introduces STV7703 Ultra HD DTV SoC
Jan 5, 2015 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has introduced the STV7703 Ultra HD (UHD) High Dynamic Range (HDR) smart TV SoC. On its own the chip is targeted at Ultra HD 60Hz Smart TVs. Together with an FRC chip it provides a solution for UHD 120Hz TVs.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Wyplay and Sigma Designs announce joint IPTV/OTT client reference design
Sep 11, 2014 – Wyplay and Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) have lifted the veil on the turnkey integration of the open-source Frog by Wyplay set-top-box middleware with Sigma's HEVC 4k-capable SMP875x family of system-on-chip ARM® processors.
News categories: Wyplay, Sigma Designs, Mustafa Ozgen, Jacques Bourgninaud, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sigma Designs introduces 4K HEVC set-top box chipset
Sep 11, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the SMP8758 SoC, designed to support UltraHD (4K) resolution using HEVC (H.265) compression technology for next-generation set-top boxes.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, IBC, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Dune HD and Sigma Designs announce set-top box collaboration
Sep 10, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Dune HD has selected Sigma Designs' secure media processors (SMPs) for a variety of its most advanced and high performance set-top box products.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Dune HD, Konstantin Dyshlevoy, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sigma Designs, Digisoft.tv and Novabase bring VOD to South Africa
Sep 10, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a collaboration with Digisoft.tv and Novabase on a rental service that allows consumers in South Africa to download VOD content at public kiosks via memory stick for playback on a low-cost STB.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digisoft.tv, Novabase, Mustafa Ozgen, Fearghal Kelly, Michael Pauli, Digital TV, Gateway, IBC, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, South Africa
Sigma Designs licenses ARM Mali-400 MP graphics IP
Jan 9, 2014 – Sigma Designs® (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that they have licensed the popular ARM® Mali™-400 MP for their leading range of multimedia SoCs.
News categories: Sigma Designs, ARM, Mustafa Ozgen, Trina Watt, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership