Digital TV News: Mustafa Ozgen
Roku announces retail availability of own-branded TVs
Mar 9, 2023 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced the features and availability of its new Roku Select and Plus Series TVs, the first ever to be both designed and made by Roku.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Roku launches Roku-branded TVs for the U.S. market
Jan 4, 2023 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced the launch of Roku Select and Roku Plus Series TVs. These Roku-branded HD and 4K TVs, the first to be both designed and made by Roku, will be available in the U.S. in spring 2023.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Roku to launch Smart Home product line with Walmart
Oct 12, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and Walmart (NYSE: WMT) have launched smart home products from Roku, including security cameras, video doorbells, lighting, plugs, and more, to be available exclusively in Walmart stores.
News categories: Roku, Walmart, Mustafa Ozgen, Mark Robins, Laura Rush, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA
Roku TV expands with Sharp in the US & new brands in Mexico
Jan 3, 2022 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has partnered with Sharp to bring Sharp Roku TV models to the United States. In addition, the Roku TV licensing program in Mexico will expand with the addition of Aiwa and HKPRO starting in early 2022.
News categories: Roku, Sharp, Mustafa Ozgen, Jim Sanduski, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Roku TV no. 1 Smart TV OS in the U.S. and Canada
Jan 8, 2021 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that Roku OS was the No. 1 smart TV OS sold in the U.S. and Canada. Roku TV had 38% market share in the US and 31% in Canada, based on data from January 5 to December 26, 2020.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2023, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA
Fifteen Roku TV brands to launch in 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that 15 TV brands will launch Roku TV models in 2020. Brands include ATVIO, Element, Hisense, Hitachi, InFocus, JVC, Magnavox, onn., Philips, Polaroid, RCA, Sanyo, TCL and Westinghouse.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2023, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, USA
Sigma Designs to distribute reference designs with Frog by Wyplay pre-integrated
Jan 27, 2015 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced at CSTB that it is contributing the source code for the port of the Frog by Wyplay STB middleware on its SMP8758 4K UltraHD chipset and will distribute development boards with the Reference Implementation pre-loaded in binary.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Wyplay, Mustafa Ozgen, Jacques Bourgninaud, CSTB, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Sigma Designs introduces STV7703 Ultra HD DTV SoC
Jan 5, 2015 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has introduced the STV7703 Ultra HD (UHD) High Dynamic Range (HDR) smart TV SoC. On its own the chip is targeted at Ultra HD 60Hz Smart TVs. Together with an FRC chip it provides a solution for UHD 120Hz TVs.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Wyplay and Sigma Designs announce joint IPTV/OTT client reference design
Sep 11, 2014 – Wyplay and Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) have lifted the veil on the turnkey integration of the open-source Frog by Wyplay set-top-box middleware with Sigma's HEVC 4k-capable SMP875x family of system-on-chip ARM® processors.
News categories: Wyplay, Sigma Designs, Mustafa Ozgen, Jacques Bourgninaud, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media