Digital TV News: NETGEAR
U.S. broadband households watch 17.4 hours of non-linear video per week
Oct 23, 2014 – Research from Parks Associates shows the average U.S. broadband household now watches more than 17 hours of non-linear video per week, compared to 11.5 hours of linear video. Non-linear video is already the majority of TV viewed by consumers aged 18-24.
News categories: Parks Associates, TiVo Inc, Barbara Kraus, Jim Denney, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
32 million 802.11ac access points to ship in 2014
Sep 24, 2014 – The worldwide Wi-Fi customer premises equipment (CPE) market is expected to grow 11% in 2014. According to ABI Research, total shipments of Wi-Fi access points, routers, and residential gateways are set to surpass 176 million units by the end of 2014.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Smart Home, Worldwide
Operators rate Arris and Pace top residential gateway vendors
May 23, 2014 – According to Infonetics Research, Arris and Pace have supplanted Huawei and ZTE (from last year’s survey) as the perceived top residential gateway vendors among Infonetics’ operator respondents.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Entropic reports first quarter 2014 results
May 1, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported its first quarter results for the period ended March 31, 2014. Entropic reported first quarter net revenues of $55.7 million. This compares to $74.5 million in the first quarter of 2013.
News categories: Entropic, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NETGEAR teams with HTC to support TV mirroring
Feb 24, 2014 – NETGEAR (NASDAQGM: NTGR) has joined HTC Connect, a partner program created by HTC (TWSE: 2498). HTC Connect is designed to deliver a seamless A/V experience between HTC's devices and CE devices such as NETGEAR's Push2TV Wireless Display Adapter.
News categories: NETGEAR, HTC Corp, Damir Skripic, Tai Ito, Digital TV, MWC23, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
NETGEAR announces Android set-top box HDMI dongle
Jan 6, 2014 – NETGEAR (NASDAQGM: NTGR) has introduced the NETGEAR NeoMediacast™ HDMI Dongle. The NTV300D is a Miracast®-enabled platform that enables service providers to use Android™ applications to offer their subscribers OTT content.
News categories: NETGEAR, Michael Clegg, Jeff Heynen, Android TV, CES2023, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Netgear announces first customer shipments for new hybrid set-top box
Sep 12, 2013 – NETGEAR (NASDAQGM: NTGR) has announced the launch of its Hybrid Set-top Box (STB1100) at the IBC2013 trade show. Numericable is using the STB1100 to deliver over-the-air, DVB-T and adaptive bitrate content to ADSL subscribers in France.
News categories: NETGEAR, Numericable, Cavium, Naveen Chhangani, Philippe LeMay, Reza Eltejaein, Digital TV, France, IBC2023, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
May 20, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. According to the report, the home networking device market totaled $4.9 billion in the second half of 2012 (2H12), a 5% increase over the first half of 2012 (1H12).
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
May 16, 2013 – According to a survey from market research firm Infonetics, broadband data, IPTV, WiFi hotspot access, and VoIP are the main applications operator respondents are currently offering using a residential gateway.
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data