Digital TV News: NTT
Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Japan to exceed $130bn in 2027
Apr 18, 2023 – Telecom and pay-TV service revenue in Japan is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% from 2022-2027, mainly supported by the mobile data and fixed broadband segments, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Sarwat Zeeshan, Japan, Market Research, Mobile
Japan multi-play revenues to increase at 7% CAGR over 2021-2026
Oct 18, 2022 – According to GlobalData, multi-play revenues in Japan are set to increase at a CAGR of 7% from $32.5 billion in 2021 to $45.6 billion in 2026, driven by strong demand for blended services and growth in the number of multi-play households.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Market Research
RT-RK and iWedia partner on OTT application development for the car
Sep 7, 2022 – RT-RK and iWedia have announced a joint offer for OTT application development for the car. The solution is built on iWedia's media player together with RT-RK's know-how in DRM, ABR streaming, and Android Automotive OS system integration.
News categories: RT-RK, iWedia, Milenko Beric, Hans-Jürgen Désor, Digital TV, IBC2022, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
Blue Ant Media launches FAST offer on LG Channels in North America
Jun 13, 2022 – Blue Ant Media has announced that a suite of its FAST channels has launched on LG Channels in the U.S. and Canada. The launch builds on Blue Ant Media's momentum in the emerging free streaming space in North America and around the world.
News categories: Blue Ant Media, LG Channels, Jamie Schouela, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Japan SVOD revenue to grow to $6.3bn in 2025
Nov 16, 2021 – VOD service revenue in Japan is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17.7% from $2.8bn in 2020 to $6.3bn in 2025, driven by increasing SVOD subscriptions and steady rise in average monthly revenue per SVOD household, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
Limelight caching technology adopted by NTT DOCOMO
Oct 28, 2021 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) has announced that Limelight's EdgeXtend has been adopted by NTT DOCOMO to expand its content business and improve user experiences for viewers across Japan.
News categories: Limelight, NTT DOCOMO, Takayuki Tadokoro, Takashi Ito, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
Prime Video, TVer, AbemaTV and Netflix lead streaming market in Japan
Oct 4, 2021 – Premium video streaming in Japan reached 85 billion minutes during Jan- Aug 2021, or 13% of total time spent on video according to the first of a series of quarterly reports from Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, AMPD Research, Vivek Couto, Anthony Dobson, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
Pay TV revenue in Japan to expand at a 2.2% CAGR
Jun 28, 2021 – Despite a decline in pay TV subscriptions, pay TV revenue in Japan is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% over the period 2020-2025, supported by increasing ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Japan, Subscribers
ATSC 3.0 deployment in Las Vegas features Technicolor HDR
Jun 5, 2020 – Technicolor has announced that the High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology embedded in the commercial deployment of ATSC 3.0 by Sinclair Broadcast in Las Vegas features its SL-HDR1 technology.
News categories: Technicolor, Sinclair Broadcast, Thomas Bohan, Mark Aitken, Alan Stein, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media