Digital TV News: Nil Shah
Telos Audio Processor integrates Verance watermarking for ATSC 3.0
May 12, 2020 – Telos Alliance has announced the availability of Verance Aspect watermarking in its LA-5300 Broadcast Audio Processor. The LA-5300 processor was developed by Telos Alliance specifically for ATSC 3.0 services.
News categories: Verance, Telos Alliance, Nil Shah, John Schur, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
Nov 5, 2019 – Verance and Extreme Reach (ER) have announced plans to jointly bring addressable and cross-platform reporting capabilities to market. The partnership combines Verance’s watermarking with ER’s asset management platform for TV and Video ad creative.
News categories: Verance, Extreme Reach, Nil Shah, Tim Conley, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
Verance plans Project OAR support for its watermarking platform
Aug 7, 2019 – Verance has announced plans to add support for Project OAR to its Aspect platform. While the technical specifications of OAR have not been revealed, watermarking is expected to factor into the accurate delivery and decisioning of addressable TV advertising.
News categories: Verance, Project OAR, Nil Shah, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
Verance and Fincons Group partner for Next Gen TV
Jan 22, 2019 – Verance has announced that it has partnered with Fincons Group. The partnership, targeting the U.S. and Europe, combines Fincons' expertise deploying HbbTV applications with Verance's watermark technology.
News categories: Verance, Fincons, Nil Shah, Francesco Moretti, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, USA
Verance Watermarking completes field trials on LG TVs
Jan 3, 2018 – Verance has announced that Verance Aspect, selected as a foundational component of the ATSC 3.0 transmission standard, has expanded to smart TV manufacturers with LG becoming the first to complete initial field tests.
News categories: Verance, LG, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
MediaTek SoCs first with Verance Watermarking for ATSC 3.0
Dec 19, 2017 – Verance has announced that MediaTek has become the first SoC provider to complete evaluation tests of Verance Aspect, selected by the Advanced Television Systems Committee as an essential component of the Next Gen TV transmission standard (ATSC 3.0).
News categories: Verance, MediaTek, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC 3, CES2022, Content Identification, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Verance Automatic Content Recognition recommended for ATSC 3.0 standard
Apr 6, 2015 – Verance has announced that the ATSC TG3/S33 Specialist Group on Management and Protocols has recommended its VP1 Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) technology for the ATSC 3.0 next-generation DTT broadcasting standard.
News categories: Verance, Cox Media, Advanced Television Systems Committee, Nil Shah, Joe Winograd, Dave Siegler, Content Identification, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
- Megacable video subscribers up 59,000 in 3Q 2021
- Beijing Gehua Cable updates infrastructure with ATEME
- Ten million Freeview Play users in the UK
- Thailand pay TV revenues to grow to $1.1bn in 2026
- Cinedigm expands monetization opportunities with TheViewPoint
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030