Digital TV News: Nil Shah
Hisense enables NEXTGEN TV interactivity via ATSC 3.0 watermark detection
Oct 24, 2023 – Hisense is introducing watermark detection for NEXTGEN TV, based on Verance technology, to its ATSC 3.0 TV products. The watermark signals trigger the launch of NEXTGEN TV broadcast applications.
News categories: Verance, Hisense USA, Nil Shah, Douglas Kern, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Sinclair, Gray, Graham & Capitol adopt Verance NextGen TV watermarking
Apr 14, 2023 – Verance has made agreements with Sinclair Broadcast, Gray Television, Graham Media Group and Capitol Broadcasting to implement the Verance Aspect audio watermark on stations across the groups.
News categories: Verance, Sinclair Broadcast, Gray Television, Graham Media, Capitol Broadcasting, Nil Shah, Mike Kralec, David Burke, Anthony Plosz, Peter Sockett, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Verance ATSC 3.0 watermark detection implemented on LG NextGen TVs
Apr 26, 2022 – Verance has announced that LG is the first TV manufacturer to implement ATSC 3.0 watermark detection on NextGen TVs. Without watermarking, viewers receiving TV via cable, satellite and OTT will be unable to receive ATSC 3.0 interactive services.
News categories: Verance, LG Electronics, Nil Shah, Matthew Durgin, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Telos Audio Processor integrates Verance watermarking for ATSC 3.0
May 12, 2020 – Telos Alliance has announced the availability of Verance Aspect watermarking in its LA-5300 Broadcast Audio Processor. The LA-5300 processor was developed by Telos Alliance specifically for ATSC 3.0 services.
News categories: Verance, Telos Alliance, Nil Shah, John Schur, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
Nov 5, 2019 – Verance and Extreme Reach (ER) have announced plans to jointly bring addressable and cross-platform reporting capabilities to market. The partnership combines Verance’s watermarking with ER’s asset management platform for TV and Video ad creative.
News categories: Verance, Extreme Reach, Nil Shah, Tim Conley, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
Verance plans Project OAR support for its watermarking platform
Aug 7, 2019 – Verance has announced plans to add support for Project OAR to its Aspect platform. While the technical specifications of OAR have not been revealed, watermarking is expected to factor into the accurate delivery and decisioning of addressable TV advertising.
News categories: Verance, Project OAR, Nil Shah, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
Verance and Fincons Group partner for Next Gen TV
Jan 22, 2019 – Verance has announced that it has partnered with Fincons Group. The partnership, targeting the U.S. and Europe, combines Fincons' expertise deploying HbbTV applications with Verance's watermark technology.
News categories: Verance, Fincons, Nil Shah, Francesco Moretti, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, USA
Verance Watermarking completes field trials on LG TVs
Jan 3, 2018 – Verance has announced that Verance Aspect, selected as a foundational component of the ATSC 3.0 transmission standard, has expanded to smart TV manufacturers with LG becoming the first to complete initial field tests.
News categories: Verance, LG, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
MediaTek SoCs first with Verance Watermarking for ATSC 3.0
Dec 19, 2017 – Verance has announced that MediaTek has become the first SoC provider to complete evaluation tests of Verance Aspect, selected by the Advanced Television Systems Committee as an essential component of the Next Gen TV transmission standard (ATSC 3.0).
News categories: Verance, MediaTek, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC 3, CES2024, Content Identification, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward