Digital TV News: Nokia Siemens Networks
Belgacom delivers Belgian Pro League football to TV, PCs, smart devices
Sep 10, 2010 – Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) has begun deployment of Nokia Siemens Networks' Ubiquity Multiscreen TV Platform to add mobility and flexibility to the TV viewing experience. In 2011, subscribers will be able to access TV content on any device at any time.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Streaming
'Ubiquity Multiscreen TV' combines Internet with TV on any device
Sep 9, 2010 – Nokia Siemens Networks is launching a new software client for 'any device with a screen' that allows people to watch TV via any network. The Multiscreen TV client integrates 'Over the Top' TV and broadcast TV with the web and social network access.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Nokia Qt, IBC2023, Middleware, Mobile, Streaming
Industry effort to profile multi-screen TV delivery
Sep 8, 2010 – Alcatel Lucent, KPN, Nokia, Nokia Siemens Networks and Sofia Digital are working together in the bmcoforum to allow seamless consumption of TV and video either from mobile device, TV or computer.
News categories: bmcoforum, IBC2023, Mobile
HickoryTech to offer advanced IPTV service
Jul 7, 2010 – Nokia Siemens Networks is providing its multi-screen IPTV platform to allow HickoryTech to deliver HD video and advanced capabilities including personal video recording, faster channel change and personalized, third party apps to its customers.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, HickoryTech, Content Distribution, IPTV, USA
Telcos Face Complex Challenges in Scaling IP Services
Jul 2, 2010 – IPTV network operators face a complex array of issues and challenges as they scale their networks to deliver more robust services to a wider group of customers, and those challenges aren't limited solely to subscriber headcount, according to Heavy Reading.
News categories: Heavy Reading, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
Daktel subscribers to enjoy cutting-edge IPTV experiences
May 24, 2010 – Daktel Communications has completed the upgrade to Nokia Siemens Networks' next-generation IPTV platform, enabling high-quality video services, including advanced personal video recording (PVR), as well as on-demand and interactive content.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Daktel Communications, Content Distribution, IPTV, USA
TechniSat Digital and IMAGIN in cooperation
Apr 26, 2010 – TechniSat Digital will supply its Digit HD4 CX CSP set-top box for the IMAGIN service operated by the cable networks of Eltrona Interdiffusion and Nokia Siemens Networks in Luxembourg.
News categories: TechniSat, IMAGIN, Eltrona, Nokia Siemens Networks, Cable TV, Digital TV, Luxembourg, Set Top Box
Nokia Siemens Networks promises TV on any screen, on demand
Mar 23, 2010 – Nokia Siemens Networks has launched a new software platform. The platform lets operators provide live, recorded or video-on-demand TV to mobile phone, internet-connected computer, satellite or digital terrestrial television screens.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Content Distribution, IPTV, Mobile, Streaming, Video Exchange
Ketchikan Public Utilities offers customers a whole new IPTV experience
Mar 4, 2010 – Alaska's Ketchikan Public Utilities (KPU) has recently implemented Nokia Siemens Networks' IPTV platform, which offers a host of interactivity and customization options, and enables the quick and easy integration of third-party applications.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, KPU, Content Distribution, IPTV, USA
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data