Digital TV News: Norigin Media
Norigin Media selected to validate Vevo's OTT apps
Sep 6, 2022 – Vevo has partnered with Norigin Media to validate a range of Connected TV apps across Android TV, Roku, Vizio, Fire TV, and Apple TV. Norigin Media's OTT Testing as-a-Service helps quality-assure streaming TV Apps.
News categories: Norigin Media, Vevo, Ajey Anand, Scott Anderson, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Mux analytics platform integrated with Norigin TV App Framework
Aug 24, 2022 – Mux has announced that Mux Data has been integrated with Norigin Media's Tracking Manager and React-based TV App Framework to help organize analytics from broadcaster streaming TV services, giving them reliable QoE measurements.
News categories: Norigin Media, Mux, TV2, Ajey Anand, Cyril Duprat, Tor Egil Alvær, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Norigin Media open-sources spatial navigation for Smart TV apps
Mar 30, 2022 – Norigin Media has open sourced part of its TV App Framework for developers building TV Apps. The Norigin Spatial Navigation library can be used to implement key-navigation or remote-control navigation on react based web applications.
News categories: Norigin Media, Ajey Anand, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
Jun 15, 2021 – Riivi has chosen Norigin Media's OTT Testing as-a-Service to verify and fast-track the certification of its TV apps, including apps for Smart TV platforms such as Samsung Tizen and LG WebOS, among others.
News categories: Norigin Media, Riivi, Ajey Anand, Ilan Oliel, Apps, Chile, Digital TV, Streaming
Northern Waves reschedules Oslo TV conference to 2022
Feb 9, 2021 – Norigin Media has announced that the conference will not take place in Oslo in 2021. The TV technology and business conference will instead become a series of online compact conferences in the spring and autumn of 2021.
News categories: Norigin Media, Northern Waves, Ajey Anand, COVID-19, Norway, Show
RiksTV launches Smart TV Apps with Norigin Media
Jan 12, 2021 – RiksTV has now launched on a range of Samsung Tizen Smart TV models. The apps, branded RiksTV and Strim, were developed by Norigin Media, using its React-based TV App Framework.
News categories: Norigin Media, RiksTV, Ajey Anand, Jérôme Franck-Sætervoll, Apps, Digital TV, Norway, Smart TV, Streaming
Norigin Media trials ad replacement with Fraunhofer FOKUS
Dec 8, 2020 – Norigin Media has completed an ad-replacement trial with Fraunhofer FOKUS. The joint OTT AdTech proposition will offer Pay TV operators the possibility to detect and replace advertisements on streaming services.
News categories: Norigin Media, Fraunhofer FOKUS, Ajey Anand, Robert Seeliger, Advertising, Digital TV, Worldwide
TV 2 Sumo upgrades LG Smart TV apps with Norigin Media
Nov 17, 2020 – TV 2 Sumo has upgraded its apps on LG Smart TVs with Norigin Media. The updated design is built for multiple LG WebOS models using Norigin's TV App Framework. Enhancements include 4k streaming and TVOD support, among others.
News categories: Norigin Media, TV2 Sumo, LG Electronics, Ajey Anand, Marius Bjerke, Jonas Marken, Apps, Digital TV, Norway, Smart TV, Streaming
Norigin Media AI-based tool detects ad breaks on catchup TV content
Jun 23, 2020 – Norigin Media has announced an AI-based tool that detects and marks ad breaks on catchup TV content, allowing pay TV operators to explore new monetisation opportunities and offer unique UI/UX experiences on their streaming services.
News categories: Norigin Media, Ajey Anand, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023