Digital TV News: Orange Belgium
Commscope to build Orange TV Box 4K set-tops for Moldova
Apr 28, 2022 – CommScope has partnered with Orange Moldova to provide set top boxes powered by Android TV. With the launch of the Orange TV Box 4K, Orange Moldova will offer subscribers a hybrid DVB-C 4K UHD digital video decoder.
News categories: CommScope, Orange, Anthony Zuyderhoff, Olga Surugiu, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Moldova, Set Top Box
Orange Belgium deploys MediaKind VSPP and Encoding Live solutions
Apr 19, 2022 – MediaKind has announced that it has been selected by Orange Belgium to provide enriched consumer experiences to its subscribers across a range of devices, from mobiles, TV decoder and tablets to main television screens.
News categories: MediaKind, Orange Belgium, Damien Montessuit, Thomas Parvais, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere
Viaccess-Orca supports launch of Orange Belgium's new OTT services
Apr 7, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Orange Belgium has launched its new TV service with VO's Secure Video Player. VO's Secure Video Player is deployed on TV decoders and mobile apps, assuring a superior QoE on every screen.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange, Benoit Brieussel, Guillaume Ducellier, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, Media Player, Mobile, Set Top Box
Orange Belgium to deploy Android TV STBs from CommScope
Apr 5, 2022 – CommScope has partnered with Orange Belgium to provide its subscribers with set top boxes powered by Android TV. The 4K UHD decoder provides access to streaming apps, cloud recording, and has Chromecast built in.
News categories: CommScope, Orange, Phil Cardy, Thomas Parvais, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Zappware supports Orange Belgium's launch on Android TV
Mar 31, 2022 – Orange Belgium has launched its latest TV service using Zappware's NeXX 4.0 ecosystem. Zappware provided an Android TV Operator Tier solution, combining DVB-C channels and OTT streaming in an integrated user experience.
News categories: Zappware, Orange, Patrick Vos, Thomas Parvais, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Orange Belgium launches new generation of Android TV decoders
Mar 14, 2022 – Orange Belgium has launched a new generation of Android TV decoders, introducing new features such as the integration of native apps from content providers, Chromecast capabilities and a new cloud-based multi-screen TV recording service.
News categories: Orange Belgium, Christophe Dujardin, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Orange Belgium to acquire 75% minus one share in VOO
Dec 24, 2021 – Orange Belgium has signed an agreement with Nethys to acquire 75% minus one share in VOO SA. With the acquisition of VOO, Orange Belgium will gain a very high-speed network in Wallonia and part of Brussels.
News categories: Orange, VOO, Mari-Noëlle Jégo-Laveissière, Xavier Pichon, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
Nov 23, 2021 – Orange Belgium has entered into exclusive negotiations with Nethys for the acquisition of 75% of the capital less one share of VOO. VOO SA is a telecoms operator that owns the cable network in the Walloon region and part of the Brussels region.
News categories: Orange Belgium, Nethys, VOO, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
Orange Belgium updates STB UI and Orange TV mobile App
Oct 29, 2018 – Orange Belgium has started updating the decoders of its more than 155,000 Love customers all over the country. Plus, the latest version of the Orange TV app allows customers to pause/timeshift up to 1 hour whilst watching.
News categories: Orange, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated