Digital TV News: Oregan Networks
Oregan upcycles Megacable STBs with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video services
Jun 14, 2022 – Oregan Networks has announced that the latest release of Zenterio OS at Megacable enables significant UX performance gains, as well as enabling access to premium content apps such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video on the STB installed base.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Megacable, Mark Perry, Gerardo Seifert, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, UX
Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
Feb 25, 2021 – Oregan Networks has announced the completion of an Android TV development project for Megacable. Oregan took responsibility for firmware integration, certification and quality assurance of the final commercial product.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Megacable, Mark Perry, Gerardo Seifert Arriola, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX
Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
Nov 23, 2020 – Oregan Networks and Amlogic have announced a strategic partnership to deliver harmonized software integration and certification processes and enhanced Consumer Experience for pay TV operators.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Amlogic, Mark Perry, James Xie, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Accedo and Oregan partner on Android TV user experiences
Apr 11, 2020 – Accedo and Oregan Networks have announced a joint solution combining elements from the Accedo One video experience platform with Oregan’s SparQ middleware for Android TV, offering operators faster delivery of a modern Pay TV experience.
News categories: Accedo, Oregan Networks, Michael Lantz, Mark Perry, Android TV, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Oregan Networks acquires Zenterio assets
Oct 8, 2019 – Oregan Networks has announced the acquisition of the Zenterio AB assets, and assimilation of its engineering and delivery teams located in Sweden and Mexico. The purchase boosts Oregan’s ability to scale its multiscreen platform innovation and project delivery capabilities.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Mark Perry, Digital TV, MandA, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box, Sweden
Accedo's video experience platform combined with Oregan’s middleware
Apr 11, 2019 – Accedo and Oregan Networks have announced a strategic partnership to provide next generation Pay TV solutions to the video industry. The joint solution will combine elements from the Accedo One video experience platform with Oregan’s SparQ middleware for Android TV.
News categories: Accedo, Oregan Networks, Michael Lantz, Mark Perry, Android TV, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Friend MTS watermarking integrated with Oregan's Android TV Operator Tier solution
Apr 5, 2019 – Friend MTS has announced that it has brought premium content security to Android TV by integrating its ASiD subscriber-level watermarking with Oregan Networks’ Android TV Operator Tier solution.
News categories: Friend MTS, Oregan Networks, Simon Hanna, Mark Perry, Android TV, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Watermarking, Worldwide
Oregan begins migration and Android TV STB projects at new telecoms customer
Aug 21, 2018 – Oregan Networks has announced that it has begun a multi-year software and services contract with a telecoms customer to transition legacy STBs to a new multi-screen headend system. In parallel the company will develop a next-generation product based on Android TV.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Android TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Oregan launches middleware for legacy Linux STBs and Android TV
May 21, 2018 – Oregan Networks has unveiled SparQ: the latest version of its advanced STB client middleware solution which captures the trend towards open source distributed development and cloud-based content delivery platforms.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Mark Perry, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- More TV programmers tap Beachfront and Canoe to optimize ad revenues
- Accedo powers TVO and TVOkids apps in Canada
- Competition Commission of India approves Zee-SonyLIV merger, with conditions
- TV panel prices break five quarter fall in October
- 3SS and P3 partner for in-car entertainment on Android Automotive OS
- VideoAmp adds second-by-second ad performance measurement
- LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
- Almost 2/3s of U.S. video streaming subscribers canceled a service in the last year
- Disney+ and Star+ relaunch on PS5 consoles
- 4Sales partners with ViewersLogic on TV attribution for Channel 4
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22