Digital TV News: Paul Larbey
Nokia to transfer IP Video business to Volaris Group
Sep 13, 2018 – Nokia has announced plans to divest its IP Video business to Volaris Group, a Toronto-based software company. Nokia's video product portfolio is expected to move to Volaris and launch as a pure play streaming technology company, Velocix.
News categories: Nokia, Volaris Group, Paul Larbey, Basil Alwan, David Nyland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, MnA, Worldwide
VUBIQUITY and NOKIA announce ‘Time-Shift As A Service’ for OTT
Sep 17, 2017 – VUBIQUITY and NOKIA have announced a ‘Time-Shift As A Service’ (T-SAAS) offering. The service delivers a hosted SaaS solution with operator licensed premium time-shifted content for operator’s OTT service providers.
News categories: VUBIQUITY, NOKIA, Ira Dworkin, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Nokia debuts Virtualized User Experience Platform at IBC
Sep 13, 2017 – Nokia has expanded its Velocix portfolio with the debut of its Virtualized User Experience Platform (UXP). This innovative cloud platform untethers viewers from their set-top boxes (STB) and extends the viewing experience to all their devices.
News categories: Nokia, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Mobile, Worldwide
Nokia and Kaltura partner for next generation TV viewing
Apr 24, 2017 – Kaltura has announced that it has entered into partnership with Nokia. Kaltura and Nokia have joined forces to facilitate a more personalized and monetized viewing experience for customers worldwide.
News categories: Kaltura, Nokia, Ron Yekutiel, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Eurofins Digital Testing signs strategic agreement with Nokia
Feb 23, 2017 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it has signed a strategic relationship agreement with Nokia. Under the agreement, Nokia will resell Eurofins’ suite of automated test tools and professional testing support services for TV and video services.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testin, Nokia, Johan Craeybeckx, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, QoE, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Sky deploys Nokia CDN in the UK
Feb 1, 2017 – Nokia has announced that its Velocix Content Delivery Network (CDN) has been deployed by Sky. The alliance enhances Sky's high-speed video and data services for the company's millions of UK customers.
News categories: Nokia, BSkyB, Paul Larbey, Mohamed Hammady, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Alcatel-Lucent to integrate PERSEUS video compression and Oregan Video Client
Sep 7, 2015 – V-Nova has announced that Alcatel-Lucent plans to integrate PERSEUS video compression technology with its Cloud DVR platform and Oregan's Multiscreen Cloud Video Client. The aim is to provide significant improvements in IP Video delivery to both greenfield customer deployments and existing infrastructures.
News categories: Oregan, V-Nova, Alcatel-Lucent, Milya Timergaleyeva, Eric Achtmann, Paul Larbey, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Mobile, Worldwide
Alcatel-Lucent to make private copy cloud video recording cost-effective and copyright-compliant
Sep 12, 2014 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris;NYSE: ALU) is developing a technology architecture that will enable pay TV providers to offer the ability to store favourite TV programs in the cloud cost effectively while maintaining compliance with content rights legislation.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR
Bell Labs opens video research facility in Cambridge, UK
Jul 17, 2014 – Bell Labs (Paris; NYSE: ALU) has opened a new 'antenna' office in Cambridge, UK tasked with research into real-time delivery of video to all types of connected devices, such as smartphones, games consoles, tablets, Smart TVs, and more.
News categories: Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, Marcus Weldon, Bo Olofsson, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Gaming, IPTV, OTT, Smart TV, TV Everywhere, UK
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5