Digital TV News: Paul Larbey
Nokia to transfer IP Video business to Volaris Group
Sep 13, 2018 – Nokia has announced plans to divest its IP Video business to Volaris Group, a Toronto-based software company. Nokia's video product portfolio is expected to move to Volaris and launch as a pure play streaming technology company, Velocix.
News categories: Nokia, Volaris Group, Paul Larbey, Basil Alwan, David Nyland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, MnA, Worldwide
VUBIQUITY and NOKIA announce ‘Time-Shift As A Service’ for OTT
Sep 17, 2017 – VUBIQUITY and NOKIA have announced a ‘Time-Shift As A Service’ (T-SAAS) offering. The service delivers a hosted SaaS solution with operator licensed premium time-shifted content for operator’s OTT service providers.
News categories: VUBIQUITY, NOKIA, Ira Dworkin, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Nokia debuts Virtualized User Experience Platform at IBC
Sep 13, 2017 – Nokia has expanded its Velocix portfolio with the debut of its Virtualized User Experience Platform (UXP). This innovative cloud platform untethers viewers from their set-top boxes (STB) and extends the viewing experience to all their devices.
News categories: Nokia, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Mobile, Worldwide
Nokia and Kaltura partner for next generation TV viewing
Apr 24, 2017 – Kaltura has announced that it has entered into partnership with Nokia. Kaltura and Nokia have joined forces to facilitate a more personalized and monetized viewing experience for customers worldwide.
News categories: Kaltura, Nokia, Ron Yekutiel, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Eurofins Digital Testing signs strategic agreement with Nokia
Feb 23, 2017 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it has signed a strategic relationship agreement with Nokia. Under the agreement, Nokia will resell Eurofins’ suite of automated test tools and professional testing support services for TV and video services.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testin, Nokia, Johan Craeybeckx, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, QoE, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Sky deploys Nokia CDN in the UK
Feb 1, 2017 – Nokia has announced that its Velocix Content Delivery Network (CDN) has been deployed by Sky. The alliance enhances Sky's high-speed video and data services for the company's millions of UK customers.
News categories: Nokia, BSkyB, Paul Larbey, Mohamed Hammady, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Alcatel-Lucent to integrate PERSEUS video compression and Oregan Video Client
Sep 7, 2015 – V-Nova has announced that Alcatel-Lucent plans to integrate PERSEUS video compression technology with its Cloud DVR platform and Oregan's Multiscreen Cloud Video Client. The aim is to provide significant improvements in IP Video delivery to both greenfield customer deployments and existing infrastructures.
News categories: Oregan, V-Nova, Alcatel-Lucent, Milya Timergaleyeva, Eric Achtmann, Paul Larbey, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, Mobile, Worldwide
Alcatel-Lucent to make private copy cloud video recording cost-effective and copyright-compliant
Sep 12, 2014 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris;NYSE: ALU) is developing a technology architecture that will enable pay TV providers to offer the ability to store favourite TV programs in the cloud cost effectively while maintaining compliance with content rights legislation.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR
Bell Labs opens video research facility in Cambridge, UK
Jul 17, 2014 – Bell Labs (Paris; NYSE: ALU) has opened a new 'antenna' office in Cambridge, UK tasked with research into real-time delivery of video to all types of connected devices, such as smartphones, games consoles, tablets, Smart TVs, and more.
News categories: Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, Marcus Weldon, Bo Olofsson, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Games Console, IPTV, OTT, Smart TV, TV Everywhere, UK
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos