Digital TV News: Philippe Notton
Civolution forensic watermarking integrated with ST SoCs
Jan 5, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and Civolution have announced the integration of Civolution’s NexGuard forensic watermarking with ST’s Ultra HD-4K Cannes and Monaco SoCs to detect unauthorized sharing of digital content and help deter piracy.
News categories: Civolution, STMicroelectronics, Alex Terpstra, Philippe Notton, CES2023, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Watermarking
MStar latest OTT chip now supports Irdeto Media Protection
Aug 27, 2013 – MStar Semiconductor brings Irdeto Media Protection compliance to its new platform for the Over The Top (OTT) Pay TV Set Top Box market, showcasing MStar MSD7862 chipset for SD/HD H.264 with HbbTV support.
News categories: MStar Semi, Irdeto, Content Protection, Digital TV, HbbTV, Semiconductor, Streaming
Aston and Mstar release State of the Art Satellite receiver at CABSAT
Mar 13, 2013 – Exclusively for CABSAT, Aston presents its new satellite receiver, XENA® HD Twin +, in card-less version. The XENA® HD Twin + is the outcome of a new partnership with MStar Semiconductor and Aston's historic partnership with Viaccess.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, Viaccess, CABSAT, Conditional Access, DVR, HbbTV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Aston releases Mstar Semiconductor-based satellite receiver
Jan 31, 2013 – At CSTB in Moscow, Aston has introduced its XENA HD Twin +. The new twin tuner, MPEG-4 HD PVR DVB-S2 satellite receiver is packed with the best of Aston technology and is the outcome of a partnership with MStar Semiconductor.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, CSTB, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MSTAR achieves NDS chip certification for the 3rd time
Sep 10, 2011 – MStar Semiconductor has confirmed its operator and pay TV Strategy with the achievement of NDS certification on its 5th generation of STB chipsets showcasing MStar MSD5C43.
News categories: MStar Semi, NDS Group, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MStar Semi selects Cryptography Research for hardware security in its set-top box ICs
Sep 6, 2011 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) and MStar Semiconductor (3697.TW) have announced that MStar will license CRI's CryptoFirewall™ security technology for integration into its multimedia system-on-a-chip (SoC) set-top box chips.
News categories: Cryptography Research, MStar Semi, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MStar and Channel Islands Partner to Bring Advanced TV Advertising and Applications to Set Top Boxes
Sep 2, 2011 – MStar has announced that Channel Islands advanced TV Advertising and TV Applications have been integrated onto the MStar 785X system-on-chip (SoC) series.
News categories: MStar Semi, Channel Islands, IBC2022, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MSTAR enters the arena of NAGRA On-Chip Security (NOCS) certified Chipsets
Sep 1, 2011 – MStar Semiconductor (3697.TW) has announced that it has passed NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) chipset certification and provides now a NOCS 1.2-ready solution. The solution is already deployed in Standard and High Definition Set-Top Boxes.
News categories: MStar Semi, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Verimatrix and MStar Partner to Bring Advanced Cardless Security Solution to New Markets
Mar 14, 2011 – Verimatrix has announced that it has ported its hardened Verimatrix ViewRight® STB for DVB client security onto the MStar 785X system-on-chip (SoC) series.
News categories: Verimatrix, MStar Semi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media