Digital TV News: Placed
Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
May 28, 2020 – Bouygues Telecom has launched Bbox Smart TV. With Bbox Smart TV, the TV decoder disappears and is replaced with an app called B.TV+, which is exclusively pre-installed in a Samsung Smart TV, giving access to a large catalogue of TV services.
News categories: Bouygues Telecom, Samsung, Benoît Torloting, Guillaume Rault, Apps, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV
World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
May 22, 2020 – Researchers from Monash, Swinburne and RMIT universities have tested and recorded Australia's fastest internet data speed, and that of the world, from a single optical chip - capable of downloading 1000 HD movies in a split second.
News categories: Monash University, RMIT University, Swinburne University, Dr Bill Corcoran, Professor Arnan Mitchell, Professor David Moss, Australia, Broadband, Fibre, Worldwide
SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
May 21, 2020 – SpotX has expanded its Measurement and Attribution Suite. By uncovering audience reach metrics like brand lift, incremental reach and frequency, and outcome-based measurement, advertisers can more accurately pinpoint value across all video channels.
News categories: SpotX, Kristen Williams, Patrick Doyle, Michael Parent, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
RAI ready to re-open with social distancing
May 12, 2020 – RAI Amsterdam is hoping to re-open its doors in the short term while closely following all guidelines regarding social distancing. The RAI wishes to organise trial events to test the various ways that visitors and exhibitors can be safely brought together.
News categories: RAI, Paul Riemens, Digital TV, IBC2020, Netherlands
TRAI issues recommendations on set-top box interoperability
Apr 10, 2020 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released recommendations that all set-top-boxes in India must support technical interoperability in principle, i.e. every STB provided to a consumer must be interoperable.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, CAM, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Set Top Box
MNI Targeted Media debuts conversion analysis platform for OTT advertising
Mar 10, 2020 – MNI Targeted Media has launched motto, its OTT optimization platform. motto allows advertisers to identify how geo-targeting, creative, publisher, device type, time of day and more can impact conversions, not just impressions.
News categories: MNI Targeted Media, Brooke Willcox, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
THEO Technologies secures Series A funding
Mar 10, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that it raised $10M in a Series A funding round led by SmartFin Capital with participation from PMV and Media Invest Vlaanderen (MIV). THEO Technologies’ flagship product is its THEOplayer.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Steven Tielemans, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Belgium, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Eltrona merges with SFR-Coditel in Luxembourg
Feb 25, 2020 – Eltrona has merged with SFR-Coditel, owned by Telenet (Brussels: TNET). Eltrona shareholders now hold 50% +1 share and Telenet 50% -1 of the merged entity. The deal means that Eltrona becomes a cable operator with coverage of the whole of Luxembourg.
News categories: Eltrona, Telenet, SFR-Coditel, Paul Denzle, John Porter, Cable TV, Digital TV, Luxembourg, MnA
HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
Feb 24, 2020 – The HbbTV Association has announced the release of the HbbTV specification for targeted advertising (HbbTV-TA). The move will set a standard for broadcasters and the advertising industry to create new business models and generate new revenue sources.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020