Digital TV News: Proximus
Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
May 11, 2021 – Proximus and Amazon have joined forces to integrate the Prime Video app on the Proximus decoder. Customers with an Amazon Prime membership and the latest (Android TV) box can now access the Prime Video catalog.
News categories: Proximus, Prime Video, Stefaan Haerick, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Proximus Luxembourg selects Verimatrix VCAS
Apr 29, 2021 – Proximus Luxembourg has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS). Verimatrix VCAS arms the company with centralized and scalable rights management for its multi-screen offerings.
News categories: Verimatrix, Proximus, Asaf Ashkenazi, Nuno Lopes, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Luxembourg
Proximus selects Velocix CDN to scale Pickx
Apr 21, 2021 – Velocix has announced that Proximus has scaled its Pickx video service using Velocix CDN technology. Proximus will more than double its HTTP streaming capacity with Velocix’s carrier-grade CDN software.
News categories: Velocix, Proximus, Anthony Berkeley, Thierry Demoor, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Technicolor Android TV set-top box shipments top 10 million
Mar 30, 2021 – Technicolor has announced that deployment of its Android TV set-top boxes (STBs) has now passed 10 million units. Cable, telco and other pay TV operators around the world continue to rapidly deploy Android TV STBs.
News categories: Technicolor, Mounir Toutah, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
3SS set to double reach in 2021
Feb 25, 2021 – 3SS has said that it has eight Android TV projects in progress for operators giving it a deployment pipeline of at least 25 million homes by end-2021. This is more than double 2020's 10 million total.
News categories: 3SS, Kai-Christian Borchers, Pierre Donath, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Media Distillery secures €3 million of funding
Jan 7, 2021 – Media Distillery has secured €3 million of funding, mainly from entrepreneurs and executives in the TV and broadcast industry. The funding will be used for international expansion and to extend the platform.
News categories: Media Distillery, Roland Sars, Geert Vos, Big Data, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Proximus and Technicolor deliver 'Pickx' decoder based on Android P
Nov 12, 2020 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that Proximus has begun deployment of its V7 decoder 'Proximus Pickx'. Technicolor helped integrate a broad range of functionality into the Android TV set-top box.
News categories: Technicolor, Proximus, 3SS, Mercedes Pastor, Thierry Demoor, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
Sep 15, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Proximus Pickx, an IPTV+OTT TV offering from Belgium's Proximus, has gone live on an Android TV Operator Tier STB. The service replaces Proximus’ legacy AOSP-based TV offering.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jim Casteele, Advertising, Android TV, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Broadpeak video delivery added to 3SS entertainment ecosystem
Jun 25, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Broadpeak is bringing its video delivery software solutions, including its server-side controlled ABR streaming solution, to 3SS's 3READY Entertainment Ecosystem.
News categories: 3SS, Broadpeak, Pierre Donath, Jacques Le Mancq, Android TV, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
- TF1 and M6 enter exclusive merger negotiations
- WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
- Global pay TV revenues to drop by $30 billion
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting